Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Stupidly Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad

Esme
    Esme

Stupidly Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad Empty Stupidly Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad

Post by Esme Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:38 am

This one goes together in a few minutes since all you do is open cans and chop veggies.  It's based on a Kraft recipe, but I had to customize it!  

Ingredients: 

1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
    1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
    1 cup halved grape tomatoes
    1 cup chopped and seeded cucumber
    1/2 a red or orange bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 cup chopped black olives
    1/2 cup cubed Feta
    1/4 cup chopped red onion (optional- I left it out because I forgot)
    1 Tbs. chopped parsley

1/3 cup bottled vinaigrette of your choice or some red wine vinegar and olive oil w/minced garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Open the jars, drain and rinse the beans and plop 'em in a bowl. Drain and chop the artichoke hearts and plop 'em in the bowl. Chop the veggies and plop 'em in the bowl. Cut the cheese (hee hee hee!) and plop it in the bowl. Chop the parsley and plop it in the bowl (noticing a theme here?). Then either make your own vinaigrette or use a bottled one you like and pour it over the top. Stir. Let it marinate a bit, then enjoy! 

Once again, using the beans instead of pasta or rice makes this have some healthy protein in it, so it's all good AND tasty!

Stupidly Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad Salad10
    Esme
    Esme

Stupidly Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad Empty Re: Stupidly Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad

Post by Esme Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:58 am

BTW... I never know if anyone is really interested in my recipes. I think I just post them for my own amusement and inspiration!  Belly laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Stupidly Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad Empty Re: Stupidly Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad

Post by djrum Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Looks delicious and refreshing, Esme!

I'm all for any kind of salad so I'm always seeking out a new recipe. The only problem is, DH is a meat & potatoes kind of guy and won't hardly try any new salads.
    I made a pasta salad yesterday and he refuses to even try it.

Gee, he's worse than a kid.  Rolling Eyes 

Anyhow, I always read your recipes.  Hug
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm slowly winning over my meat and potatoes husband. I've really overhauled my meal planning/prep to include more healthful options that actually taste good. I give him a lot of credit; he's always willing to try whatever crazy thing it is that I make. I'm a lucky girl.  Wub
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm trying to do the same thing. With beef prices skyrocketing, I told DH he'll HAVE to eat more chicken & pork.
    He's okay with it as long as I fry his chicken. He's crazy about his fried chicken!  Wub
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:26 pm

OMG my husband is nuts about fried chicken too! I don't fry it though. I let him get it from Kroger's deli counter. I am NOT frying chicken (or anything else for that matter)!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:15 pm

What is it with the fried chicken?

From what I hear, Kroger's deli chicken is good!

I do get skinless & boneless chicken and fry it in canola oil. Recently, my friend told me canola oil is very bad and EVOO is even worse.

You know, you just can't win.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:41 am

He'd like it if I fried it for him, but that it too much mess and time, plus your house smells for days after you fry something IMO. Kroger's is okay, but I have really changed how I eat over the last year, and don't do fried anything. I wish he would stop too, but boys will be boys I guess.  Rolling Eyes 

Canola and EVOO are usually the ones you hear of as being a bit better, but I guess, as with all things, moderation is the key. 

And no, you just can't win. You are SO right about that!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:13 am

Oh my gosh, I know exactly what you mean. One of our friends gave us some fish (I think it was wall-eyed something).
    DH insisted on frying it (I let him because the opportunity for him volunteering to cook doesn't come around too often).

Wow, that stink stayed in our house for 3 days!! It was horrible & I couldn't get rid of it. I don't want to go through that ever again.  barf
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:28 am

I remember when I was a little girl and my grandpa would go perch fishing. Those nights when my grandmother would fry up all the perch he caught.... the house would just reek! I think it's one of the reasons I still hate fish (most seafood to be honest) to this day. 

I'm super sensitive to smell, and that is one of the worst!
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Dear ESME:

knew there was something fishy about you !!!  ROGLMCAO! !!!!  C - considerable -- lol!!

we want you at the Cave  ...

you send such lovely pictures but deprive us of the joy of you ..

come .. play dragoneer .. your very own scroll awaits you

we await the pleasure of you !!!! Half Flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am