Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG) Empty Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club

Series links: Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club, Snark Busters 2: All Revved Up, Snark Busters 3: High Society

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish for PC and Mac

Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG) Snarkbusters_feature

Join Kira Robertson as she sets out to find the Snark, an elusive creature few people have seen and no one has caught. Can you decipher the clues, solve the puzzles, and piece together the objects you need to track down your target? Follow the Snark through mirrors, into inside-out and upside-down worlds and join the Snark Busters club in this fast-paced and exciting Hidden Object game.

• Multiple minigames
    • Perplexing puzzles
    • Help Kira find the Snark!

Click images to enlarge
    Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG) Th_screen1 Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG) Th_screen2 Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon May 14, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG) Empty Re: Snark Busters 1: Welcome to the Club (FROG)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club (FROG)

I've read a lot about this game, so I was expecting something rather... snarky Snicker Snarky indeed! You play the prankster daughter of a social bigwig who does not approve of his daughter's "unseemly" behavior.

The first thing I noticed was the funky, upbeat music. Very fun, and sets the tone for the game nicely, so I left it on. The intro scene goes very fast - I wasn't able to read one of the sentences, but it doesn't matter, I got the gist of it (I'll go back and read that one sentence later).

You automatically start out in Tutorial mode, but you can skip it with the click of a button. As a matter of fact, it can be adjusted in the menu. There are separate sliders for Sound and Music, plus the option of Full Screen, Custom Cursor and "Enable Hints". Very nice touch being able to turn the hints on and off, if you wish! :thumb: There is also a refillable HINT button.

The graphics are stunning - really nice, and they suit the game so well! lol~ I generally am not a fan of FROGs, but this is a very entertaining and well-done game, and I am enjoying it very much. It does not have "hidden object" scenes the way Briar Rose does - every scene has objects hidden in it... or fragments of objects, anyway.

Something I really like about this FROG is that when you find all of the pieces of the object(s) you're looking for, they automatically assemble themselves and show back up in the same toolbar - no going back and forth between to-find bar and inventory bar. VERY convenient, an excellent addition to the game. :thumb:

There is no random-click penalty, which is a good thing since you have to move things out of the way to find what you're looking for sometimes.

This is not a hard game, but is challenging enough (and funny enough) to be a lot of fun! 15 minutes into the demo, and I'm buying already :Big smile:

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:29 am