Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Northern Tale 3

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Northern Tale 3 Empty Northern Tale 3

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:47 am

Northern Tale 3
    by Realore - March, 2014

Series links: Northern Tale, Northern Tale 2, Northern Tale 3, Northern Tale 4

Available at:
    Realore
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Northern Tale 3 Northern-tale-3_feature

Northern Tale 3 continues the legend of brave king Ragnar and his family.

Peace came to the lands of Vikings. The cruel witch Gesta and her henchmen are defeated and pose no threat. But there are rumours of a new evil on the rise. All four of the sorcerer-kings of the neighbouring kingdoms disappeared and their lands are plagued by the monstrous creatures. Turns out that an ancient Etherial Dragon cursed the kings and turned them into fierce elementals. In order to stop the evil from spreading Ragnar will have to free them from their curses and defeat the Dragon himself!
    Travel along ... artfully crafted levels and explore wondrous locations! Make friends with sorcerer kings and see the power of the elemental magic in action! Witness an epic legend come to life!

• Travel along 50 artfully crafted levels
    • Unlock over 60 achievements!
    • Try 3 differnt modes of play.

Click images to enlarge
    Northern Tale 3 Th_screen1_Northern Tale 3 Th_screen2_Northern Tale 3 Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Northern Tale 3 Empty Re: Northern Tale 3

Post by tesamoine Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Didn't Northern Tales 2 just come out very recently?  Not sure if anyone played either #1 or #2, but his AXE IS VERY SHARP  Belly laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:46 am

I enjoyed NT1, have bought NT2, but not yet played it (which means I bought it in 2013, all earlier games I've played before) and will no doubt get around to buying and playing this one too.
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Sunny Hi Just Smile   I like them also.  I go on these TM game kicks where I'll play them for weeks when I need brainless entertainment.  It's good to hear from you  Offering
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 am

Another Irresistible Viking Adventure *****

BASED ON FULL DEMO

This and the Adelantado Trilogy are my all time favourite types of TM game. This game is much like the previous Northern Tales, so if you loved them as much as I did you are in for another Nordic treat. We still have our brave and sturdy Vikings, rushing against time to rescue the cursed kings of the neighbouring kingdoms.

There are few obvious signs of change. It looks and feels and sounds very similar. But there is no voiceover narrator – and of course there are new foes to overcome, new buildings, and some great new tricks. Like travelling by eagle (you’ll see).

Everything else you’d like is the same. Like:

*The 3 modes of play – normal, multi-click, no timer

I played normal for the first level, and was already in trouble, having run out of time. This is because, not only are you timed, but you cannot queue. In multi-click mode, I reached level 12, and was still operating in daylight. (One of the cool things about this game, even if you play timed, you can still continue after you run out of time). Multi-click allows you to queue up the tasks you set for your Vikings. Saves heaps of time and irritable waiting!

*45 levels, with 5 bonus levels which you can only play if you complete the main game.

*Top scores and Awards are kept in main menu.

*You can repeat any level you’ve tried before.

*The option to switch off the voices, the music, the sounds.

*Thor’s hammer, the “power ups”, and some of your favourite characters, like the druids, are all here as well.

I liked the way some sources of resources (*groan*) require you to spend time to collect them, while others must be picked up and your buildings can add to resources independently. And how you can exchange resources with the merchants. Keeping track of what you have and what is coming is a real challenge.

One thing made the early part of the game especially tricky, it occurs in the mountains and the snow did in fact make it harder. Don’t know whether I approve of it or not.

It is a fun little game, and worth scores of hours fun for a novice like me.

I recommend this game!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 pm

There are a number of TM games I enjoy, despite their overall repetitiveness. (Though some I do find less repetitive than others.)

I own the first Northern Tale but don't think I ever finished it - can't recall, I should try playing it again. I'm sure it's a very minor point for most but visually I'm turned off by the haunches of meat that represent food. So when I see those same haunches turning up in every NT sequel I think, hmm..eeew..maybe not. But really, I should give these another try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:57 pm