Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Northern Tale 2

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Northern Tale 2 Empty Northern Tale 2

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 am

Northern Tale 2
    by Realore - September, 2013

Series links: Northern Tale, Northern Tale 2, Northern Tale 3, Northern Tale 4

Available at:
    Realore
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Northern Tale 2 Northern-tale-2_feature

After the evil witch Gesta was defeated, the time of peace was restored. The viking king Ragnar decides to restore the kingdom in its former glory - repair the ruined villages, heal the cursed trees. However, Gesta is still alive, and the even greater evil is threatening the vikings. 
    Travel along 50 gorgeous levels and explore wondrous locations, make friends with mermaids and mushrooms in the faraway lands, prevent the war between two mighty nations and see the story come to life with the improved 3D graphics!

• New wondrous and colorful locations
    • Enchanting fairytale characters

Click images to enlarge
    Northern Tale 2 Th_screen1_Northern Tale 2 Th_screen2_Northern Tale 2 Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Northern Tale 2 Empty Re: Northern Tale 2

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 am

Another Irresistible Viking Adventure

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    My favourite type of game is the HOPA, preferably one with no timer and no pressure. Yet, if I am not playing a HOG, there’s only a couple of other games where you’ll catch me. The original Northern Tale is one, my brave and sturdy Vikings with me, trying to beat the clock.

What does this build/time management/strategy game (I never know what to call these things) have that most do not?

Well, one thing is definitely the option of playing with no timer, which I love to have, but then don’t always use, lol. There is also an option to ‘queue’ your orders to the Vikings, allowing you to ‘think in advance’, and I love this mode. I believe one day I’ll actually win one of these games in multi-click mode, but I haven’t yet.

It goes without saying, that if you loved the first one of the series, you’ll love this one. There are few obvious signs of change. It looks and feels and sounds very similar. But the graphics really are more exciting and do give the game more depth. Everything else you’d like is the same. Like:

The 3 modes of play – normal, multi-click, no timer

45 levels, with 5 bonus levels which you can only play if you complete the main game.

Top scores and Awards are kept in main menu.

You can repeat any level you’ve tried before.

Nice touches like having a side panel for widescreen players.

The option to switch off the voices, the music, the sounds

Nice little Vikings are again running around making their “can do” way through all obstacles. And new characters and critters to meet - though I didn’t get to meet the promised mermaids and mushrooms, but I’m looking forward to it!

My one issue is nothing really. The game is v.e.r.y. slow to load.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    It is a fun little game, and worthy of many replays for a novice like me.

I Recommend This Game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:10 am

I discovered a love for this type of game when I played MKFtP II for a contest.  I love all of the MKFtP games, as well as Roads of Rome, Jack of All Tribes, etc.  I haven't tried these yet, but I will definitely do so... at some point Belly laugh  The queue is just so long!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 am

Yes, I know that feeling... and then there are the days when you just have to play a game that you haven't reviewed because you just have this itch to write, so it doesn't matter how many games are waiting for you, you go spend all day playing and reviewing one game - usually one you've played before! Silly face 

Do you get days like that? I've just had one and so have a new review for the first living legends game.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:02 am

Yes, I certainly have!  I try to squash those feelings, though, since I have soooo many unplayed games!  And yet I sat last night playing Cave Quest (for at least the 10th time!) instead of working on The Keepers 2! Snicker
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:23 am

I'm not mad about the TM/builder games that become crazed clicka-clicka fests; I prefer relaxed or strategy-based stories. However, the ones I love I *really* love. I remember liking the first Northern Tale, but IIRC the characters' voices got annoying, lol. Tops on my list for the genre (which game mechanics vary widely) include:
    ~The Promised Land (my fave and on my top 10 of all BF games - I wish they'd make a sequel)
    ~Adelantado Trilogy
    ~Farm Fables
    ~Royal Envoy
    ~Farm Tribe 2
    ~Gemini Lost
    ~Little Folk of Faery (slow but gorgeous)
    ~Jojo's Fashion Show: World Tour (can get 'clicky' but it's fun!)
    ~World of Zellians
    ~Weather Lord: Hidden Realm
    ~Artist Colony (repetitive and kinda slow but one of my first and I loved it)

ETA - Will definitely demo Northern Tale 2! Smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Adelantado and Northern Tale are the only games where I've been able to finish. So they're my favs Big smile . I am still working on the Royal Envoy ones, I have them, but I've not really played past the demo.

I get to these so rarely, because there's always another (300) HOPA I want to review lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm