Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+4
luvtoread
RenaissanceMom
Frodo
genkicoll
8 posters

Support for Gaming Addictions!

kac

Support for Gaming Addictions! - Page 2 Empty Re: Support for Gaming Addictions!

Post by kac Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remaster
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Support for Gaming Addictions! - Page 2 Empty Re: Support for Gaming Addictions!

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:47 am

Well,   there I was browsing GOG's  sale.   I want Memoria...(really would like to get it
    through STEAM  as they usually have achievements with the games....but I really want
    Memoria!!!)      Tantrum 
    I was looking at Unwritten Tales....I want that.   But waffling about other games to go
    with it.     Hmm... 
    Decided to check on my Credit Card account,  as I do not want it to go over a certain
    $$  amount.    I noticed the charge for the Humble Bumble sale.    OH! 
    Good Thing I Waffled.     I already own Unwritten Tales  and a few others on GOG's list.   Happy bounce 

So,    that is how I stopped myself from buying more games.

But I still want to buy Memoria!!!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:47 am

HELP!!

My name is dj & I'm addicted to buying games. I just can't stop!! I feel the need to play everyday. When I don't get a chance to play, I'm restless & bored & cranky & everyone should stay outta my way!
    I need my game fix.
    New games are so pretty with their beautiful graphics & cool puzzles, it's like a multi-layered gift!

Um...I want both CEs this week & was hoping for a BOGO sale. (Yes, I am spoilt rotten!)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:46 pm

dj...I will make room for you so you can throw a temper tantrum with me..

Tantrum         Tantrum 

Oh....and for when you are going through withdrawal...

raincloud         dirtywords
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

luv, I want Memoria, too! Overreaction  I've been trying to get it to come up with the Pot of Gold trick (finding out what games they are BEFORE the purchase) but it seems like it's no longer available as a Pot of Gold purchase.  Being on sale for $7.99, though.  I'm waffling.  I know it will be on sale again, and I don't have time to play right now, anyway...
    kac

Post by kac Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Yes, I figure it will be on Steam's sale so may wait.  I have so much to play and have not played the first game yet.  I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Oh my gosh, kac... Belly laugh  You are a true addict!  No reason to get #2 until you play the first game!  What if you don't even like Satinav?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:25 pm

I broke down and bought it...I even dl/d it!  Happy bounce   Let me tell you,  that is one major download.
    I was afraid my laptop would implode.   OH!
    kac

Post by kac Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Truthfully I like about anything in the RPG/Adventure/Action genre.  Not sports games or fighting games, and I don't prefer RPG maker games because I don't care for their graphics, but I'm easy to please.  

If other people tell me that X is a good game, then I'll buy it.  I want to play everything.  I have time to play very little.  I keep hoping that will change though.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:43 pm

I also broke down and bought at GOG.  I got the two Alan Wake games (I've heard the story is AMAZING!), Inner World (Adventure), and two Pot of Golds, which were Penumbra and I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.  Ah done been bad.  $12 for all of those games (which I DO plan to play!) is not bad!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Well, scootch over, luvtoread. I want plenty of space to throw my temper tantrum!  Tantrum 

I've already bought 1 CE, will get the other one tomorrow. No willpower here, I caved.
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:31 pm

I told myself I wasn't gonna do it.  I SWORE to  myself, to be strong, and that I don't need any more games. 
    But I gave in, and got The Raven from the GOG sale.   Laugh 

Curse you GOG, your hold over me is too strong.   Gah! 

Also want Deadly Premonition from the GOG sale - looks VERY scary!  Silent Hill scary.     Big smile

I need some willpower!   Mouse pbbt
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:26 am

Crikey! It's not safe to even read this thread anymore! I avoided the gog.com temptations, only to find them all here!!!  Belly laugh 

Seeing I have bought 30 games of the RPG/Adventure kind since I first set foot in this forum 6mths ago, and haven't played ANY of them yet, I am a true sinner. Including buying Drac 4 & 5 when have not even opened the trilogy!

So I'm gonna be good this time!  Mouse pbbt 

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:42 am

I think this thread should be renamed from "How Do I Stop Buying Games"  to
    something like  "How We Encourage Each Other To Keep Buying--and Actually Play".

Frodo--I loved playing The Raven.    You will not regret buying it.   Tell Will Power
    to take a hike.    Big smile 

JustTheFacts:    So I'm gonna be good this time!  Support for Gaming Addictions! - Page 2 4092465629

No.  You.  Won't!     We are a bad influence on you.    Belly laugh 

Genki--I bought Penumbra Collection awhile back when it was on sale (of course!0
    Still have yet to play.    Smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 am

Nope. Am gonna buy Last Adagio CE at sale price. Tomorrow, use 3 pcc to get 3 SEs & another coupon, and NOTHING ELSE for a whole month, well, at least a week!  alien1 Oh, unless Legacy gets in something good - have coupon there as well!  Okay 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:03 am

LMAO, luvtoread, you've got a point with the thread rename!  

I thought this was the support thread...for not buying so many games!!!  Belly laugh 

If you find some willpower, Frodo, could you please send some this way???  Whistle
    kac

Post by kac Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:06 am

Will power is something I don't have.  So, if someone wants to "share" I'll be glad for some.  If not, I'll just keep amassing games.  As they say, the one who dies with the most toys wins!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:07 am

Luvtoread - If I ever get round to playing The Raven, I hope I'll enjoy it.  I have so many games I haven't played yet.   Laugh    Who needs willpower, anyway?   pfft 

Justie - You'll be good?  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile.   Whistle 

DJ - If I find any willpower, you'll be the first to know.   Wink

Kac - Buying games is FUN   Elk grin
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:46 am

That's the whole problem... Buying games is FUN, because it's a whole 'nother kind of game.  Creative ways to fill the punch card is a game, trying to get the very best deals is a game... We're ADDICTED!! Gah!  

SO, unless some amazing deal comes up on something from my wishlist, I'm being good.  I'm being good.  I'm being...

Oh, shiny new! *_*

No no.  I mean it.  I can't afford to buy any more games, and I'm feeling guilty for the money I spent yesterday. Embarrassed
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:58 am

Genki----but,  You didn't buy Memoria!    OH!    (at least not according to your post)

It really is a good game.. hypnotize and a continuation...don't you want to know what
    happens to Nuri.... hypnotize

I am enjoying it. Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:01 am

lol, luv!  You are bad.  BAD!

No, I'm going to wait on Memoria.  I KNOW that it will be on sale again, and I won't have time to play it until after the move in June, anyway.  There's always a summer sale at Steam, and if not then, I'll have to wait.  Not the end of the world, I have plenty of games to keep my busy Elk grin
    kac

Post by kac Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:35 pm

I was going to wait on Memoria until I can get it from Steam.  I know they are not DRM free, but I have the first there, and do like achievements.  The sale will come soon enough.  Sometimes they have a little spring sale close to Easter.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:29 pm

I will not be surprised when it comes out on Steam...I buy it from them also...for the achievements!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:58 pm

You're talking about when it goes on sale at Steam, right, 'cause it's already out there Silly face
    kac

Post by kac Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Yes, when it goes on sale.  Full price is not too tempting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm