Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+3
pippi
JustTheFacts
genkicoll
7 posters

Gray Matter

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Gray Matter Empty Gray Matter

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Gray Matter
    by Wizarbox / Spiders - February, 2011

Available at:
    Adventure Shop
    Amazon.com (Digital download)
    GamersGate
    GOG
    Steam

Gray Matter DD-GREY

After a tragic accident, neurobiologist Dr. David Styles has become a recluse, rarely leaving his home, the Dread Hill House. One day, Samantha Everett, a street magician, appears at Dr. Style’s doorstep just as he is seeking a new assistant.

Samantha’s first task is to find six people to form “The Lamb’s Club” of human guinea pigs for Dr. Style’s tests at Oxford University. The experiment starts off innocently enough, but then a chain of inexplicable incidents begin to occur, one after another.

Are these experiments as innocent as they appear? What is the true aim of this demented game? What secrets are waiting to cross over from the other side?

In Gray Matter, legendary game author Jane Jensen (creator of the Gabriel Knight series) tackles questions concerning the nature of reality and the power of the human mind in a mystery adventure that comprises 8 massive chapters. Jensen combines the elements of science and the supernatural, together with her acclaimed emphasis on character and story to create an unprecedented paranormal experience that will keep you riveted until the very end.

WHAT IF REALITY WAS JUST AN ILLUSION?  At the end of the quest to uncover these dark mysteries of Dread Hill House lies the answer.
    • Classic mystery adventure game by famous adventure author Jane Jensen
    • Dark story with eight chapters in the style of Gothic Novels
    • 2 playable characters: Samantha and Dr. Styles
    • Fascinating magic tricks as innovative gameplay element
    Walkthrough by MaGtRo
    Gray Matter 201842_scr1_medium
    Gray Matter 201852_scr2_medium
    Gray Matter 201862_scr3_medium

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:28 am; edited 4 times in total

Gray Matter O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Gray Matter Empty Re: Gray Matter

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:41 pm

OH, this one looks and sounds good!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:21 am

Now out at GOG, whee~ Happy bounce

Release: Gray Matter
    It matters a lot!

Gray Matter, the long awaited comeback to the point and click adventure genre from Jane Jensen, the critically acclaimed writer/director of the Gabriel Knight series, is available 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $3.99 for the first three days!

Gray Matter Baadeb899013c513a855f58af7df00948f258755_smallThe human brain. So close, and yet so distant – our greatest collective mystery. Through neurology we study the gray matter firing away underneath our skulls. The billions of neurons, relentless, setting off electrical impulses to travel an endless network of the human nervous system; dictating, in its apparent chaos, our every single sensation. It’s a biological process so sophisticated, that it has earned the right to call itself “I”. In the endeavor to unravel our own brains, we’re fascinated with that which fools us: the supernatural, memories, sleight of hand. Our perception of reality often inconsistent with the factual, or the rational. Perhaps it’s this weakness that holds our key to understanding the human condition. Perhaps it is not a weakness at all?

Gray Matter tells the story of Samantha Everett, a young female illusionist searching for her lucky break on a road-trip through europe. When mechanical failure brings her to a halt in the middle of nowhere, she crosses paths with the mysterious and troubled neuro-biologist Professor David Styles. He quickly draws Sam into his world of the inexplicable and the terrifying, where scientific research dabbles in the supernatural. The game is a classical point and click adventure by all accounts. You’ll explore the authentic, beautifully hand drawn streets and interiors of modern London and Oxford, accompanied by an elegant, haunting soundtrack. See through the eyes of Sam and Professor Styles as your progress through logical, masterfully crafted puzzles that will never have you reaching for a walkthrough. Sam’s unique skill set as a magician introduces an original twist on the gameplay as well, allowing you to carefully plan, then execute your illusions and get precisely what you need... out of anyone.

Point and click your way through the story straight from the pen of Jane Jensen in Gray Matter, for only $3.99 on GOG.com. The 60% off special launch discount lasts only until Friday, July 18, at 9:59AM GMT.

Gray Matter O9fj
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 am

GOG is killing me with all these phenomenal sales after I blew my games budget during their big sale!  My wish list is about to burst!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 pm

pippi wrote:GOG is killing me with all these phenomenal sales after I blew my games budget during their big sale!  My wish list is about to burst!

Game Budget???    What is that??!!!    Dunno    Between all the books I keep finding and games
    for sale,    I am to busy working to pay for  my addictions.

Cause I just do not know what a book and game budget is.    But,  I do know what a
    SALE  is.   Happy bounce 

I am now the proud owner of Gray Matter.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 pm

That makes three of us! :D

Gray Matter O9fj
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:21 pm

I've been tempted to get Grey Matter from GOG for a long time now... and this is the PERFECT time!    Big smile
    kac

Post by kac Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm proud to say I've FINISHED Gray Matter.  One of the few I've actually finished in my large collection of games.  LOL
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:12 pm

I've heard it's pretty incredible -- Jane Jensen is famous for her storytelling.

Gray Matter O9fj
    kac

Post by kac Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:15 pm

I enjoyed it, though the last level was pretty confusing (i.e. difficult) compared to the rest of the game.  I used a walkthrough for that.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:06 pm

ESME, ESME, ESME !!! - Help me - I'm succumbing to Luvto and Genki's peer pressure!  Forget those F2P dealers, Gads, this is worse because these games are actually GOOD!

La la la!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:19 am

pippi wrote:ESME, ESME, ESME !!! - Help me - I'm succumbing to Luvto and Genki's peer pressure!  Forget those F2P dealers, Gads, this is worse because these games are actually GOOD!

La la la!

Belly laugh too true!  Belly laugh 
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:14 am

pippi wrote:Forget those F2P dealers, Gads, this is worse because these games are actually GOOD!

La la la!
    That's how I feel about most HOPAs too. GOG, otoh, releases new *and classic* games that have real, honest-to-god stories.

I own Gray Matter as an old unplayed disc that may or may not play well on my system. I'm definitely getting the download for $4!!!  Evil Grin
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:54 am

Dagnabbit, RMom ... I've succumbed.  I'm getting that game. 

::scrounges off to find $4 in the sofa cushions because she has no more game money::

Luvto, having a game and books budget is the hardest things I've tried to do.  Obviously I need significant improvement before I can claim success!
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:00 am

OK, since we all bought Gray Matter, why don't we do a group play of that while we wait on all of us to play Satinav and/or get ready for the Memoria group play?

Just a thought.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:04 am

Elk grin  I had the exact same thought, but was waiting to see if anyone else was interested Whistle

Group Play thread set up HERE.

Gray Matter O9fj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:38 am