Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

5 posters

Doorways - Impromptu Group Play!

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Doorways - Impromptu Group Play! - Page 2 Empty Re: Doorways - Impromptu Group Play!

Post by luvtoread Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:24 pm

I finally got to Chapter 2.  Happy bounce   That was a solution I would never have thought of...shame on
    me!!    Embarrassed  Big smile   I usually think of all sorts of solutions when playing.  but this one just
    eluded me.
    Nice to be able to move on.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Doorways - Impromptu Group Play! - Page 2 Empty Re: Doorways - Impromptu Group Play!

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Like I said, took me a while to figure out, too!  I looked everywhere! Laugh
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:16 pm

I've pretty much given up on this game.  I *STILL* can't make that huge leap in the tutorial, and I'm tired of starting again from the begininnig each time.   Cry
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Aww, that sucks! :(  I wish I could help you... Maybe looking at the beginning of the game on Youtube would be helpful?

By the way, I just finished Chapter 2!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Frodo--So sorry.    But I do know how frustrating some games can make you  (for me,
    The Longest Journey).  

genki--This game is addicting.   I managed   (still in Chapter 2)    2muchcompy 

spoiler:

To bad I have to go back to work tomorrow.    meh
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Great!

Now that we've passed by the places where we really needed it, I find that there's a freakin' brightness control!! Gah!  How I could have used that in Chapter 1!!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:24 pm

I found that out from the You Tube video.  The person doing that video w/t used that
    feature.   I immediately used it also.  But not early enough!

I have gotten as far as what I call "The Dr.  Who"  adventure

spoiler:

I am quitting for the night.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:57 am

Oh yes!  That part!
    Spoiler:

So hard!  I got through the first room OK, but I had to go to Youtube to find the path for the next one Silly face
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:28 pm

genkicoll wrote:Oh yes!  That part!
    Spoiler:

So hard!  I got through the first room OK, but I had to go to Youtube to find the path for the next one Silly face

There is ANOTHER ROOM!!!   EEK!

I went to You Tube for the First one and still could not make it through.   I am ready to try again.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:31 pm

There is ANOTHER ROOM!!!   Doorways - Impromptu Group Play! - Page 2 Affraid

I know!  Yes there is, and it's much harder! faints  Even when I knew exactly what to do, it still took me four or five tries to get it right!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:04 pm

4 or 5 tries???    It took me around 20 for the first room  (well,  I wasen't counting,  so it
    could have been more).    Smile 

I finally got through Chapter 2 tonight.    2 things were on my side.   1.  I'm not tired tonight as
    I have been,  and 2.  I finally stopped tiptoeing through the rooms and RAN.

So,  if I am understanding this game so far,  we

spoiler:

I was also trying to figure out the voice of the reader of the letters.   It really reminds
    me of Michael Dorn--Worf,  the Klingon from Star Trek:  The Next Generations.
    Do you know whose voice it is?

Sam A.  Mowry is the  Voice.

Well,   I have work tomorrow so unfortunately I need to    G\'night! 

Also,  I looked up  Saibot Studios and hopefully this year  Doorways 3  will be released   Happy bounce

Last edited by luvtoread on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Yay, you finished! Sunny

Yes, that is the way I understood it, too.

Voice acting by Sam A. Mowry:
    http://www.voiceofsam.com/
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:31 am

I see you posted when I did.   He does a good job.   And that is saying something,  as
    I have not been impressed with the voice overs from the games sold over at BF.
    I find some of those voice overs so Bland.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:58 am

(Yes, I missed the edit to your post Smile  )

I totally agree about the voices in casual games.  There are some notable exceptions, though!
    marianne
    marianne

Post by marianne Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:11 am

I finally bought this game, on sale of course, and this thread is a blessing.  I realize that I'm a late-comer to playing it, but just had to jump in and say I am using all these spoilers.  Right now, I am struggling to get thru the crazy girl part in chapter 1.  *sigh*   Cry
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:34 am

If you're in the dark
    Spoiler:
    If you're on the bridge, it's easier
    Spoiler:
    marianne
    marianne

Post by marianne Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:31 am

Thanks bunches genki.  I remember having to crouch and I see two torches up ahead, there is a little hill/barrier in front of me, and I move a tiny bit to the left to get to the torches.  Then my torch goes out and the crazy girl gets me.  Maybe I'm not fast enough.   meh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:16 am

marianne---hello there.   I played this game awhile back--I am planning on eventually buying the new Doorways game that just came out. 
    I remember that girl and trying to get around her.   How far have you gotten?   I remember
    trying to get through the rooms with all those creepy "statues"!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:48 am

She's early on, luvtoread (or was at the time of her posting).  Trying to get through the darkness to the next torch, where she shows up if you are in the dark for too long.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 am