Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Through Andrea's Eyes

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Through Andrea's Eyes Empty Through Andrea's Eyes

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:23 am

Through Andrea's Eyes
    by Anino Games / Alawar - February, 2014

Available at:
    Big Fish

Through Andrea's Eyes Through-andreas-eyes_feature

It happened without any warning. Judith's only daughter simply collapsed after returning from school. Judith brought her to the best doctors, but none of them could diagnose her, until Dr. Fletcher heard about her unsolvable case. He offered Judith the chance to enter her daughter's mind to uncover the problem. His experimental technology has never been tested, but it may be Judith's only chance to save her daughter. Explore Andrea's imagination and upload real world items to solve dream world problems in Through Andrea's Eyes, a mind-boggling Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game.

• Dive into a young girl's mind.
    • Meet the quirky characters of Andrea's imagination.
    • Help Judith awaken her daughter!

Click images to enlarge
    Through Andrea's Eyes Th_screen1_Through Andrea's Eyes Th_screen2_Through Andrea's Eyes Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Through Andrea's Eyes Empty Re: Through Andrea's Eyes

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 am

Developer: Anino Games

Top Quality Fun... ****

Based On Demo (Edited beta version)

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    Very low key start to this game, but a very touching one. We join a mother and her young daughter on just another ordinary day. But tragedy strikes and Andrea is left in a coma. There’s a bit too much dialogue at first, but it’s justified by the need to explain the procedure.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The graphics look really great. Detailed and boldly colourful. I particularly liked the HO scenes, where items were very clear and easy to see, and realistic, not photo realism, if you can understand the difference. The voice of the wizard is excellent. Music is beautiful, peaceful and innocent, in this horror world of a child's.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    We are charting our way through Andrea’s mind, tracking down her fears and feelings. Disturbingly there are nasty little imp like creatures populating her emotional universe, frightening her and creating havoc (really cute in an evil kind of way). The boogieman is horribly well done.

MAKING PROGRESS
    It is a little slow to get started while we are learning the backstory, and the purpose of this treatment, but it picks up quickly once we enter Andrea consciousness. The HO scenes so far have been interactive lists. Some items in the lists require several actions to complete, and there are items in inventory that must be combined. The puzzles have been okay, not especially difficult or new. The adventure tasks take up the most of the time, with interesting quests along the way.

Interactive jump map shows active areas, journal keeps notes and task list. There are 15 memory shards to collect.

BLING!
    One unique feature is the option to come back to reality via the ‘wake up’ button. Unlike other games with the same story, part of this one is actually played in the real world, where you gather memorable objects from your daughter’s life to ‘scan’ into the memory machine for use in the dream world. Nifty.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    I enjoyed this game immensely. Top quality and fun. It is a very dark and creepy place for a child's mind, though the colours are bright and bold.

I recommend this game!
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:19 pm

I need to try it again Just.  I got so frustrated I quit.  I had just gone into her consciousness and couldn't figure out what to do next!  LOL  Thanks.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah, actually that is exactly how I felt about the first few minutes too, and if I wasn't doing a review of it I probably would have quit then as well.

Let me see, um -
    Spoiler:
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Put the instructions in spoilers for you, Justie, in case others want to figure it out for themselves Wink
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh. Sorry. Didn't think of that, cuz it's the first few minutes. But cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am