Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+13
Esme
pippi
sunshinej
tesamoine
jessmom01
Cuddlefish
luvtoread
Frodo
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
djrum
volnole68
JustTheFacts
17 posters

Beta Thread

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Beta Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Beta Thread

Post by JustTheFacts Tue May 27, 2014 12:10 am

I knew all that reviewing and linking and cross-referencing would pay off eventually!!

It's Amber's Tales
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed May 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness Beta is now available (see above for link)
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Thu May 29, 2014 8:14 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:I knew all that reviewing and linking and cross-referencing would pay off eventually!!

It's Amber's Tales
    THANK YOU.  I'd hug you if I could  Happy bounce   I've looked through every game, and just could NOT find it.  Thank  you so so much !!!!!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu May 29, 2014 8:15 pm

And, due to an epic battle with Gamehouse that ended when I threatened to write to the CEO, I got this game in PE for nothing, along with 3 others!  Happy bounce 
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri May 30, 2014 3:01 am

YAY!! Doing my happy dance!!  Happy bounce  Yahoo! 

Amaranthine Voyage 3: The Shadow of Torment BETA (available now!)

www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/26960/amaranthine-voyage-shadow-of-torment-survey/index.html

Feline Sight also available now.
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Fri May 30, 2014 6:53 am

Free games are always good Smile   You can still fulfill your game buying without draining the bank account.   Happy bounce   OK, this is weird... that Amber's Tales WAS offered on Iwin.  They took it off, away, gone.  It is no longer there.  :(   I know I saw it there because I'm a member and have 3 games credits to use.  I never look at Gamehouse, so I do know it wasn't there that I saw it.  Sadness.  Possibly BFG will release it eventually.  I liked that one.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat May 31, 2014 1:31 am

I'm back from trialling redleaf game! MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!! And I was never all that excited about any of this series - okay, pretty, but lacking something for me. But this one 1. is at long bloody last the final sequel! Gotta know how it ends! 2muchcompy 

2. demo stops at a really horrible sad part!!! Gotta see it through!! Can't have bad things done to good characters!  Cry Tantrum 

3. some good new mini-games, and very clever twists on HOPs!  Happy bounce 
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:35 am

As far as I can figure it, a PBETA is one that is in "production" and will show up at the address given soon. All these are there already except Evil Pumpkin, for which I have left an earlier, developer-made beta link.

Myths of Orion: Light from the North BETA - www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27023/myths-of-orion-light-from-the-north-survey/index.html

Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween PBETA - www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27016/evil-pumpkin-survey/index.html

Small Town Terrors 3: Galdor's Bluff BETA - www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/26980/small-town-terrors-galdors-bluff-survey/index.html

Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One PBETA - www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/26981/paranormal-pursuit-the-gifted-one-survey/index.html

Revived Legends 2: Titan's Revenge BETA - www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27003/revived-legends-titans-revenge-survey/index.html

Kingdom Tales 2 BETA - www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27007/kingdom-tales-2-survey/index.html

Fallen Shadows 2: Second Chance PBETA - www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27010/fallen-shadows-ii-second-chance-survey/index.html

Hope some of these keep you amused while I get my act together. (rofl) :P

Dragons are still all-consuming!!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:44 am

JustTheFacts wrote:I'm back from trialling redleaf game! MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!! And I was never all that excited about any of this series - okay, pretty, but lacking something for me. But this one 1. is at long bloody last the final sequel! Gotta know how it ends! 2muchcompy 

2. demo stops at a really horrible sad part!!! Gotta see it through!! Can't have bad things done to good characters!  Cry Tantrum 

3. some good new mini-games, and very clever twists on HOPs!  Happy bounce 

I am drawing a blank--redleaf game?    Which series is this?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:00 am

The latest Awakening game - the Redleaf Forest
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:41 am

D\\'oh!     I bought that yesterday,  along with MOTW: Faeries
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:17 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:
    Dragons are still all-consuming!!

As they should be   Sunny
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:40 am

Swiped this snippet from Pondfriends. OMG! It looks so good - I am going to have to track down this and its prequel!

I've not seen Les Mis, only read the book... is this the music from the movie/show?

In any case, I am so happy to find this! Happy bounce 

Q: "Does anyone know where the new beta release called Les Miserables 2: Jean Valjean can be located?  The Brain Games channel shows it but doesn't give a link to play the beta for ourselves.  I would greatly appreciate it."

A: "May be it's from the dev directly?

Here is the video link for someone else: "

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:48 am

Well, that was easy! It is available for trial at iwin! And Cosette's Fate is at GameHouse, where it got a very poor reception! Far too short and walkthrough didn't cut it, apparently.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:55 am

TODAY'S TRUE BETAS ARE:

Vampire Legends 2: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory BETA
    www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27048/vampire-legends-elizabeth-bathory-survey/index.html

Riddles of Fate 3: Memento Mori BETA www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27061/riddles-of-fate-memento-mori-survey/index.html

Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land BETA -www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27062/shrouded-tales-the-spellbound-land-survey/index.html

Fallen Shadows II: Second Chance BETA -www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27010/fallen-shadows-ii-second-chance-survey/index.html

All available now!

The first Vampire Legends was the true story of the first report of a vampire that has been documented. Look forward to another true story here!  Happy bounce 
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:49 am

I was so surprised to see Fallen Shadow 2 beta.  The first one came out in April/2011 and I played it May/2013 and when I saw the to be continued at the end of the game and saw the game was two years old already, I figured that they gave up on putting out the second half.  I guess they didn't give up.   Yahoo!  

Thanks JTF for mentioning this.
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Must try Vampire Legends 2.  Thanks Justie   Hug
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:50 am

Thanks to genki, we now have the MCF 11: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Beta. Available and ready to play!

Typically, I wait for months for this to turn up, only for it to do so when I am not paying attention! Murphy must have some sort of law about that.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/27114/mystery-case-files-dire-sacred-grove-survey/index.html

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:00 am

Bisci @ Pond Friends says:

I have just finished the beta for Dire Grove Sacred Grove and can only say WOW! I loved every minute and am so very impressed. I had lost a bit of faith in EG but OMG, they have done an incredible job on the sequel to my all-time favorite game in the MCF series. I do have to disagree with you BB-Games because I think that EG did capture the environment and atmosphere of the original to a T. Now comes the truly hard part - waiting until November when I can finally get my hands on the full game. I hated to see the beta end!!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:56 am

Another new Beta!

League Of Light 2: Wicked Harvest

Shall we lay bets on when it is coming out?
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:49 am

Hello All-Knowing and Wise Ones ...

Reading the Beta thread makes me feel like I know the Cool Kids Club.  It's fun to see the betas!  I always wondered how people got beta trial links from BF.  I still wonder, but at least now I can share in the fun.   Big smile 

I'm not going to try for a fabulous review a la JustTheFacts, but I thought I would share my thoughts on Queen's Quest:  Tower of Darkness.  Is it a cop-out to start by saying "I'm not sure?"  If anybody else has played this, please chime to correct anything I've gotten wrong or to explain something I missed.

The game has potential, but there are some things that are just meh, too.  The characters are that weird "live actor with computer generated imaging" that is becoming more popular.  The graphics are better than average, and the voices aren't too terrible.

My biggest gripe (is this even fair?) is that there is too much hand holding (aka sparkles, sparkles, everywhere) even on the "expert" mode, but not direction when you really need it.

It's not really a spoiler, as the journal tells you, but...:

Now I'm all for hard games; even games where I need my own actual pen and paper for notes.  But this was an odd mix of "What do I do now?" with "Gads the sparkles are blinding me!" 

Complaining aside; some of the puzzles were quite interesting, and the achievements indicate the PC will be given some choices about how to develop the Queen's character.  While a few of the HO scenes were repeated in the 45 minute demo, each one was different and not just a junkpile o' detritus to click. 

All in all, this game didn't wow me in that "I've gotta have this NOW" way.  But the story (Choices!  There might be choices!) appears to be an interesting twist on a classic fairy tale theme.  There are collectibles (I'm guessing CE only), and so far those were not hard to spot.

What I'd like to tell the developers (but can't, since I didn't get an official beta invite) is that this game has real potential.  The biggest drawback was the weird clash between wanting to hold my hand and withholding important information.  That balance was off to the point of being jarring.

Verdict:  On my "need something to play and have credits sitting around" list.

It's Raining *Those* Men:
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Great beta review, pippi!  Two thumbs up
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Hey dj - Thanks so much!   Happy bounce
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:30 am

The next Nightmare Realm!

Nightmare Realm 3: Queen Of The Flame
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:40 am

JustTheFacts wrote: Nightmare Dark Realm!

Dark Realm: Queen Of  The Flame

Oops!   I GOOFED!

This is NOT Nightmare Realm 3 - It is Dark Realm! No series by that name as far as I know.

Sorry!  D\\'oh! Embarrassed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:43 am