Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Christmas Griddlers

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Christmas Griddlers Empty Christmas Griddlers

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:06 am

Christmas Griddlers
    by 8Floor Games - December, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Christmas Griddlers Christmas-griddlers_feature

The most magical night of the year is coming very soon! Get a head start on feeling that Christmas cheer right now! Your holly jolly adventures begin with Christmas Griddlers. Did you behave yourself this year? If so, prove to Santa that you're the best at correctly guessing how to fill in all the pictures! Fill your wall of fame with fun, unique trophies while you play through 120 levels in 6 stunning holiday-themed locations. Enjoy the festive Christmas music during the more than 8 hours of gameplay! Christmas Griddlers will most certainly fill you with holiday cheer!

• 120 unique levels
    • Jolly Christmas music
    • Spectacular trophies

Click images to enlarge
    Christmas Griddlers Th_screen1_Christmas Griddlers Th_screen2_Christmas Griddlers Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Christmas Griddlers Empty Re: Christmas Griddlers

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:08 am

A Bit Of A Disappointment

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

The site where I originally saw this game implied that there were mahjong as well as pictograph levels in this game. THAT would have been impressive and fun. Instead, we have a standard issue 8 Floor production, without even an air of Christmas atmosphere to recommend it.

The game looks good, as all these games do, colourful and clear graphics, but no animation. The locations are mere background wallpaper, and there are only 6 of them, and that’s it for your Xmas theme. The images made by the grids may be xmasy but you can’t see them as they are whipped away to show the score page before you can get a good look. The music is not xmasy at all, despite what the blurb says.

There are six rooms, each representing the next stage in your progress, each with 20 pictograph grids. They start off very easy, just 5x5, but there are also only a couple of hints and no more than 2 mistakes allowed, in these early games. As the games get harder, you are allowed more hints and mistakes.  

You are awarded a maximum of 3 stars for each level, and you need 3 stars on every level before you can gain access to the next room.

The stars are granted based on 3 different measures:

1. A certain number of points
    2. Earned so many $$
    3. Completed the grid in a set time, plus

4. Bonuses for not using hint and/or making mistakes.

You can replay the level immediately or at another time to beat your previous rating, or you can use your $ to buy different powerups, such as mistakes allowance x3,  in the shop. Also to gain access to higher levels you haven’t qualified for yet.

There is a top score page as well, and achievements and trophies.

As I say, all very much exactly the cookie cutter mould that is 8 Floor Games, and it is not even xmasy.

I Don't Recommend This Game!

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:18 am

They didn't even make it Christmassy?  Well, shucks! >_<  I definitely agree that they messed up showing the mahjong tiles on the game advertisement image!  It's probably recycled from last year's Christmas Mahjong.

Christmas Griddlers O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 am

There are 6 xmas backgrounds. Only one I saw was a formal xmas tree, but the locations (rooms) are just like the mahjong world contest that they put out not too long ago - and all the interface etc. looks suspiciously similar to me.  Yeah right 

iwin can have the exclusive!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 am