Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Island Tribe 5

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Island Tribe 5 Empty Island Tribe 5

Post by genkicoll Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Island Tribe 5
    by Realore - November, 2013

Series links: Island Tribe 1, Island Tribe 2, Island Tribe 3, Island Tribe 4, Island Tribe 5

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin
    Realore

Island Tribe 5 213492_95f7bc5a8884904ab6816e747a120c6f

Brave islanders are coming back once again in the casual strategy Island Tribe 5!

New exciting adventures of islanders are waiting for you in your favorite game – Island Tribe 5! Do you want to rescue our old friend – scientist? Then you will have to cope with cunning Atlanteans, dreadful beasts and hidden portals!

• 44 exciting levels
    • Familiar and absolutely new characters
    • Unexpected plot twists

Click images to enlarge
    Island Tribe 5 Th_screen1_Island Tribe 5 Th_screen2_Island Tribe 5 Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Island Tribe 5 Empty Re: Island Tribe 5

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:51 am

Underwater Adventures For Our Heroes

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny 

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    Lively and light hearted, the new addition to the Island Tribe traditional feels like a breath of fresh air! I have been avoiding all previous Island Tribe games deliberately, because I was frightened I’d get hooked on the whole series. And it was definitely a near thing. This game’s story has great appeal, as well as all the features you could hope for in a resource management game. And lots of new challenges for the adventurous heroes.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The graphics are cartoon – the game is cartoony – but they look good and cheerful. The music seems to be the same track used by every game of resource management game I’ve played. The little Heroes dance around in their diving gear with ease, and are cute. And the underwater scenery is nicely done.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    Our friend ‘Researcher’ has discovered Atlantis, but the Atlanteans discovered him, and now they hold him prisoner. The heroes take no time at all to resolve to rescue him. The initial levels cover their underwater adventures. And it is great fun. There are manatees and piranhas to drive away, kelp and crabs to farm, and, I’m amazed to find out, the ‘traditional’ sawmills to repair! In the deepest sea? Oh well, it’s fun, so we’ll pretend we don’t notice *grin*. The story promises a lot more odd characters and structures before we’re done.

MAKING PROGRESS
    Not having played the other Island Tribe games, I can’t tell you if any of these features are new, but here’s what I saw.

• 3 difficulty levels, plus an untimed mode
    • Ability to queue tasks to get maximum efficiency
    • Diamonds to find (although they’re all different colours)
    • Artifacts that lead you to Researcher’s whereabouts
    • Ability to replay every level immediately
    • Book that displays Achievements, Collectibles (Artifacts)
    • High Scores
    • Challenging gameplay right from the very first levels

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    It probably says more about my inexperience with resource management games, than about the game itself, but I was stuck in the 5th level already (in untimed mode!), because I didn’t take into account that some structures consumed resources as well as produce them. I ran out of the available kelp with no more to find, and couldn’t complete the objectives.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:17 am