Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Halloween Mahjong

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Halloween Mahjong Empty Halloween Mahjong

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:39 am

Halloween Mahjong
    by ? - October, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish

Halloween Mahjong Halloween-mahjong_feature

Treat yourself to this solitaire version of Mahjong that is quick to learn and frightfully fun to master! Choose from a spooky spattering of festive backgrounds, Halloween-themed tile sets, and unique layouts. Ask the computer to reveal the best moves, and play guaranteed winnable or totally random games. With the added ability to undo moves, there's nothing to be scared of… Or is there?

• Halloween-themed graphics
    • Dozens of layouts to play
    • Many spooky backgrounds to choose from
    • Computer hints feature

Click images to enlarge
    Halloween Mahjong Th_screen1_Halloween Mahjong Th_screen2_Halloween Mahjong Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Halloween Mahjong Empty Re: Halloween Mahjong

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:41 am

I’ve Seen Better  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO  

This version of mahjong has its good points, but it is really only so-so of games in the genre. The graphics are cartoonish and not at all attractive. The interface is not intuitive. There are no points system, but in timed mode you can choose the limit. For instance, you can choose 10 min, 15 min, or 1 hour.

One thing that nearly drove me nuts was the music and the sound effects each time you got a pair. It sounded like a pinball arcade, or slot machines I’ve played. The very essence of non-relaxing.

It does stick very close to the theme though, and you get a choice of 3 Halloween related tiles, much trickier than the more familiar ones. You also get a great number of layouts and backgrounds to choose from. All in keeping with the mood. Many of the layouts are just for fun, they are not ‘doable’, but you can change your set up to exclude unwinnable layouts. You can have either timed or untimed mode.

In all, it has to be said that unless you have a real desire for a spooky-themed game, I wouldn’t recommend this game.

I Recommend This Game

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:03 am