Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus Empty Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Forgotten Places: Lost Circus
    by Sun Gift Games - November, 2010

Series links: Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus; Forgotten Places 2: Regained Castle

Available at:  
    GameHouse
    Steam

Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus 201228

Discover the origin of an inexplicable existence with Forgotten Places - Lost Circus, an eerie and unsettling search for answers.

Obsessed by dreams of a mysterious circus, Joy opens her eyes to tears each night with a feeling that waking up is the real nightmare. Why are these recurring visions troubling her and why does she sense such a strong connection to a place that she has never been before? Upon discovering that the circus is real, she arrives at the locale, now long-abandoned and falling apart.

Follow Joy as she wanders the ruins of this strange place to uncover her connection. Search for clues to reveal signs and perhaps spark memories of a forgotten past. Solve puzzles, play curious mini-games, and collect peculiar items in an attempt to understand what is happening to her. On this dark and stormy night, will she find the answers she is seeking, or something else?

• Reveal the meaning behind strange dreams in this eerie Hidden Object encounter.
    • Wander the ruins of an abandoned circus on a dark and stormy night.
    • Search for clues to reveal signs and spark memories of a forgotten past.
    • Solve puzzles, play curious mini-games, and collect peculiar items.
    • Enjoy Casual or Expert mode while also playing a bonus side quest.

Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus 41980868-41980869-large

Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus 42340826-42340827-large
    Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus 1
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus Empty Re: Forgotten Places 1: Lost Circus

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Old Old Game Still Looks Good    
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

It’s a bit archaic, and the style is definitely outdated, but this is still a great little HO game. Not a HOPA by any stretch, the game is nevertheless immersive and the story is interesting.

All her life Joy has had strange nightmares about a derelict circus. One day she finds out the place is real and sets out to uncover her true connection to it. This involves finding lots of items in the ‘vision’ (alive and thriving) circus as well as investigating the ruins as they are now. It’s really a lot of fun to see each location in both states.

The best part about the story is the search for the missing tiger cub. We must collect 50 paw prints which can be found absolutely anywhere. This gives you purpose without bogging you down with complicated plot twists, but it does make the game a bit simplistic, and there is a lot of handholding, but if you’re a HOG fan, you’ll probably find it a nice change from the more complex HOPA games that are the rage now.

This is old style gameplay as well as old style realistic graphics. There really are only HO scenes, sometimes nested in HO locations, and more HO scenes. The graphics are remarkably clear and easy to see, but it is true that some items are hard to see because they are so small. Still, I’ve seen much worse. Typically, a location will have some of the items you need for your list, and there is also 2 close up scenes where some items from the same list can be found.

There really is no puzzle/adventure component to this game, it’s HO scenes all the way. Not a game for challenge, but has its own appeal, and invokes a kind of nostalgia in me.

I enjoyed this game!

NB: This game can be downloaded free from sites I don't remember the names of, but I bet genkicoll knows Silly face
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:58 am

I have to thank you doubly for this review!  First, my sis absolutely LOVES straight HOG's, especially when there are bonus items to find.  Second is for mentioning the paws, so I've added this game to the Games with Bonus Items to Find list Sunny
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Glad to be of service, ma'am Okay 

Wasn't sure, it being so old, whether you'd even want it. Happy you do.

It's a nice little game. And the tiger is adorable!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:29 pm