Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Corpatros: The Hidden Village

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Corpatros: The Hidden Village Empty Corpatros: The Hidden Village

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:02 am

Corpatros: The Hidden Village
    by Tiny Knight Software Limited - July, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC

Corpatros: The Hidden Village Corpatros-the-hidden-village_feature

Frank Winters discovered an archaeological dig in a mysterious village called Corpatros—and immediately afterwards he vanished, never to return home. His daughter Alice, who was just a young girl when her father disappeared, is now a grown woman on the hunt for answers. When Alice receives a mysterious letter on the 20th anniversary of her father's disappearance, she decides to travel to Corpatros to find out the truth. Though Corpatros appears vacant and deserted at the time of her arrival, she soon advances through the village and discovers a whole new world, and her hopes linger on one question: Could her father still be alive in such a strange place?

• Unique and intriguing plot
    • Discover the secrets of a deserted village!
    • Investigate your father’s disappearance!

Click images to enlarge
    Corpatros: The Hidden Village Th_screen1_Corpatros: The Hidden Village Th_screen2_Corpatros: The Hidden Village Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Corpatros: The Hidden Village Empty Re: Corpatros: The Hidden Village

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 am

Took A While To Find Any Good Points...

BASED ON DEMO

I was desperately trying to think of something POSITIVE to say and failing miserably, when I shifted to WINDOWED MODE. GRAPHICS were PATCHY. There were some scenes where it was OKAY. Others it was so appalling you couldn’t make out what you were seeing. With the smaller screen, I couldn’t see the BAD GRAPHICS, and the game was EASIER to play.

It is still NOT a good game.

The intro VOICEOVER was okay, a bit overwrought, and less than perfect English, but clear and understandable. The CARTOON INTRO was okay too, but went on for too long and became boring. The STORY has been done a thousand times before, although at least this one was in the JUNGLE, so lots of green. Your FATHER was an archaeologist who disappeared 20 years ago, and you suddenly get a letter from him. So off you go to the wild of somewhere South American to find him. The village he sent you to is deserted, no sign of Dad or anyone else – alive anyway.

You have the option of 3D EFFECT, which was fun briefly. On a better game, I’d have enjoyed this more.

HO SCENES were TRICKY INTERACTIVE. By which I mean, you had to find out the hard way that some items required extra steps. No INDICATION given in the LIST. The list was in fact PICTURES of items, surrounded by a BLUE OUTLINE (which was weird to look at but a GOOD IDEA, because it allowed you to see the items clearly against a grainy background. HINT was SLOW.

Outside HOS, HINT was useless, it referred you to a MAP, that was far from helpful. It showed where you were, where there were ITEMS still to be collected, and whether there are HOS or MINI-GAMES to do there. No JUMP feature of course.

The MUSIC was seriously ANNOYING, and I usually like music. The SOUND MADE when you did something unproductive and got a black bar comment was REALLY annoying. And you got that A HECK OF A LOT, because the game was NOT doing enough hand holding.

For the EXPERTS, if they could suffer the LOW PRODUCTION values on this game, there might be some merit in it. It is MOSTLY HOS (I did 5 in 30 minutes, 15 of which was spent trying to guess stuff to do), BUT the ADVENTURE play takes some REAL THOUGHT. And much as I found the game TOTALLY UNDOABLE, when I found the answers at the FORUMS, they made sense. I just was NOT IMAGINATIVE, PERSISTENT & PERCEPTIVE enough.

So maybe there’s an audience (experts on laptops bored to tears with easy HOGS?) but it certainly won’t be the vast majority of us, and I really can’t recommend this game.

I don't recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

I tried this the day it was released.
    This is getting trashed at Big Fish, and localization problems are probably the reason.  I got a chance to try it, briefly, and in casual mode, there are instant and constant sparkles.  On the plus side, in expert mode, there are NO sparkles at all (save to indicate a HOS.)  You can switch back and forth between modes at any time, which is another plus.
    After about 10 minutes, I couldn't be bothered to play anymore! Yeah right

Corpatros: The Hidden Village O9fj
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:51 am

Deleted

Last edited by Sportygal2009 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:59 pm

sportygal--I agree with you,  I bought the game and I, too,  was in the minority that liked it.

Here is a review I copied from Cherbtoo  (I will miss her artwork)

Yes the graphics are blurry

Yes the game can be frustrating

Yes the hint button isn't that helpful

Yes there are sometimes problems trying to find the 'sweet spot' when using one object on another in the HO scenes

Yes, I agree that there shouldn't be a click penalty in the HO scenes

but ...

Corpatros: The Hidden Village SmilebigI HAVE JUST FINISHED IT AND I ACTUALLY ENJOYED PLAYING IT Corpatros: The Hidden Village Smilebig

despite keep nearly using the monitor as a handkerchief because it was so close Corpatros: The Hidden Village Laugh.

I liked the heroine's voice at the beginning but actually played the game with the sound off because all sound was regulated by one slider.

The puzzles were right up my street Corpatros: The Hidden Village Thumbsup(only skipped the ending of one) and I feel as though I have actually accomplished something today despite playing it on the Casual setting Corpatros: The Hidden Village Smilebig.

The ending was a bit Corpatros: The Hidden Village ShockBumble Bumble though. 

After that ending:  I went on FB and asked if there was going to be a continuation.
    Do not remember if I got an answer or not--I should check it out.
    Anyway,  I had my theories on that.  alien1 alien2
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:44 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:Took A While To Find Any Good Points...

Blah, blah...

So maybe there’s an audience (experts on laptops bored to tears with easy HOGS?)
    Ah! I knew there were people like you guys out there!

Does the shoe fit? Snicker 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Oh, I enjoy a challenge in my gameplay, too, and it's something I liked about this game... except that one of my big pet peeves is poor localization.  It really bugs me, and in the end, that's what made me give up on this one.

Corpatros: The Hidden Village O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:06 pm

As I said, I'm a newbie in many ways, what's poor localisation?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm