Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Favorite Adventure Games

marianne
    marianne

Favorite Adventure Games Empty Re: Favorite Adventure Games

Post by marianne Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:50 am

Smile  Hi Genki,
    Thanks for the reply letting me know I'm posting correctly. I've seen you over at BF. After reading your post, I searched reviews for The Cain Killer and it'll be a buy for me. Right now I just finished Dracula Resurrection and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was sooo much to see that I spent time just looking around. The characters are very well done and the team who designed the characters have an incredible talent for facial art..I was fascinated. I just d/ed Dracula 2 The Last Sanctuary which I'll start today.

Two Adventure games I recently played and are very good were Phantasmagoria and Miasmata..both excellent. Marianne

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Favorite Adventure Games Empty Favorite Adventure Games

Post by genkicoll Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am

True adventure games (such as you've mentioned) make me nervous.  When I was a young teen, I tried playing some of the old Sierra Mist games, and I never did get anywhere with them.  That was a long time ago, well before the internet and easy-access walkthroughs were available.

The closest I've come to playing pure adventures have been The Legend of Crystal Valley and Hotel, both by Cateia Games, and both more on the casual side, as far as this type of game goes.

I own all of the Dracula games (except the newest,) Dreamfall: The Darkest Journey, Syberia 1 & 2,  Sanitarium, A Vampyre Story, The Whispered World, and several others, and I've never played any of them:embrs:  I really need to do that!

Oh wait...  I did play one true adventure!  I forgot!  Aura: Fate of The Ages.  It was pretty fun, but I hit a puzzle towards the end that I didn't understand, even with the walkthrough.  I put it aside to work on later, and my computer died, so... *shrugs*  I probably won't ever finish it, too many other games to play!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:00 am

I love the Dracula games.  Just finished Resurrection,  cannot get The Last Sanctuary to work.
    I played Dracula The Path of the Dragon.  about 2-3 years ago....at night.
    Would like to replay that.
    Syberia 1 & 2 will be my first LFA  love.  (I have seen screen shots for Syberia 3 awhile back
    through Gameboomers.   Looks very good)
    I bought the  3 (?)  Dreamfall games...I will have to double check on whatever site I bought
    them on....anyway,  I plan on playing them...soon.

Hotel and The Crystal Valley  are not bad.   Crystal Valley had some
    funny moments,  I thought.
    In Hotel,   you could store anything in her jeans---just like Kate Walker's jacket.Snicker 
    The story line was O.K.  I did enjoy playing it,  the game play is not overly difficult.

I love playing LF  games,  being immersed in a good story while playing.
    Or, in the case of Dracula,  being scared cause I am playing in the dark Vampire Lamp 
    Amnesia is another one that will  make you very nervous:eek: 

Hoping for a Sherlock Holmes Testament group play.

Dead Mountaineer...started playing,  hit a snag and then never went back.
    That icon is still there,  taunting me.

I have a few I bought from Gamersgate,  Steam and Good Old Games that I
    want to play  this coming winter.
    marianne
    marianne

Post by marianne Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 am

Hi Genki and luvtoread...Big smile   I love LFA games, besides playing a good game, there is also a good story that makes you anxious to to find out what happens next.  Luvtoread and I have played some of these together.  It's always more fun to play in a Group.  Posting back-and-forth to others playing is not only fun, but if you get stuck such as don't know how to solve a puzzle or what to do next, there's help.  Everyone is keeping track of where others are in the game and ready to help.  Sherlock 

I started gaming in 2011 with HOPAs, learned how to play and got bored.  A story is important to me and the HOPAs don't really have a story...that is, IMHO.  Wink 

Re The Last Sanctuary: Sorry luvtoread that you've still not been able to get it going.  It's different from Resurrection in that it has more puzzles and they seem to be more difficult. Hmm...    You're a better player than I am, so you likely won't have as much trouble with them as I am.  Both are scary..Yippee !  EEK! 

A few of my favs are Black Mirror, Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, Still Life, Sherlock...and many more.  Okay Marianne, Thought I'd better sign my name. I tried to use it here, but apparently it was already in use, I used the marinora (Nora is my middle name),

Last edited by Marinora on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eta)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:10 am

Hi Marianne,     I have tried to contact CS over at GamersGate,  have had good
    results in the past, but am having some problems contacting them now.
    So,  I left a question for them in the Tutors section and hoping a Mod will see it.
    You never did get Alpha Polaris going,  did you?

Oh and GameHouse is having a sale and Dracula 4 is on sale for $4.99  (or close to that
    price)  I am very tempted:hmm: 

Genki--I have a question.   I do not have access to my camera,  was wondering if I
    could take my FB pic and post it here.
    How would I do that?

Update:   Got a message through to GG.   Not sure if that means I will be able to play
    game later.

At GG's site I have these games:

Alpha Polaris

Alter Ego

Barrow Hill

Black Mirror 2 & 3

Dracula:  Resurrection   (which, like marianne has also said, very good.  Characters
    are interesting.)  The Last Sanctuary  (which I am doomed not to be able to play)

Faery:  Legends of   Avelon  (I fell in love with the screenshots!)  

Jekyll and Hyde

Paris 1313

The Whispered World

Volvo:  The Game
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 am

Post whatever pics you like~ We have a great image-hosting service as part of the forum, with unlimited uploads (yaaay Happy bounce)  Just upload, then copy the url to the "insert image" function, and you're good to go!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:00 pm