Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Gemini Lost (SIM)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Gemini Lost (SIM) Empty Gemini Lost (SIM)

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Gemini Lost
    by: Playfirst

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC, Big Fish for Mac
    Gamehouse
    Iwin

Gemini Lost (SIM) Feat_2

While walking home with a group of friends, you discover a
    mysterious beam of light coming from an unexpected solar eclipse. The
    light leads you to an ancient astrological site that suddenly transports
    you all to an unfamiliar world! Stranded, you must take the lead and
    help your group create a new civilization. Gather resources and food,
    build shelter, and conduct scientific research to figure out your new
    environment in Gemini Lost, a fun Strategy game!

• Fun puzzles and minigames
    • Unlockable trophies
    • Make it back to Earth!

Click images to enlarge
    Gemini Lost (SIM) Th_screen1 Gemini Lost (SIM) Th_screen2 Gemini Lost (SIM) Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Gemini Lost (SIM) Empty Re: Gemini Lost (SIM)

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 pm

I am pleasantly shocked with the game Gemini Lost. People transported to another world (that looks suspiciously like ours) where they have to rebuild their society and find lost items of horoscope to transport back home.

I was expecting this game to be heavy on the astrological portion, and I've never been good at putting the darned things in order. This game has very little to do with the horoscope, however! You have workers who chop down trees or mine for rock, farmers who... farm Snicker, builders who repair bridges and otherwise build things and "scientists" who learn and help you make new advances.

You have a chapel where people with compatible astrological signs can marry, who then go on to have children and increase the size of your village. Children can't do heavy work, but they can gather things like acorns, flowers, berries, etc. Once set to a task, adults will continue that task unless you tell them to do something else. They will go sleep or eat when they need to, then go back to work. Children, on the other hand, are flighty and do one task, then have to be re-set.

Build schools to educate the children, and choose their future forte: Scientist, worker, builder or farmer.

I have to say that I absolutely love this game! Heart The graphics are nicer than any game I've seen in this genre, the music pleasant and non-invasive, and the game play intuitive.

I thoroughly enjoyed the hour! Two thumbs up A definite buy!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 am