Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2 Empty Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2
    by Realore - March, 2013

Series links:  Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1, Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2, Adelantado Trilogy: Book 3

Available at:
    Realore
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2 Adelantado-trilogy-book-two_feature

The story of Adelantado continues in Book Two – get ready for new adventures and unexpected twists!

The sequel starts where the previous part left off. Don Diego has found a new path and now he continues his mission. There are still survivors from the previous expedition to save, glory to achieve and gold for the Spanish Crown to find. His crew, however, is tired. Some people start to rebel and abandon Don Diego. Some stay loyal. Togetherthey advance through wild jungles and endless swamps. The atmosphere is moody and grim but Don Diego tries to keep everybody cheerful. And ever-present rival Commander Rodriguez is more evil than ever.  

New features, new quests, improved graphics and super-exciting gameplay await you! Help Adelantado discover new lands and save the survivors! Make friends with Indians and help them!

• New Quests
    • Improved Graphics
    • Discover New Lands

Click images to enlarge
    Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2 Th_screen1_Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2 Th_screen2_Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2 Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2 Empty Re: Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:16 am

Improved & Expanded

Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This is a direct continuation of the first book of Adelantado, picking up where it left off – at the swamp lands to the east.  This game introduces rebellion and a rival to keep us on our toes.

What’s New? There have been a few good improvements based on the response to the first game.

1.You can now demolish, restore to peak efficiency or upgrade most buildings. So when the woodcutter runs out of wood, you can reutilise the space. Which is very good, because as with the first game, space is the biggest problem.

2.One new thing I really like is now when Don Diego beats the bushes or breaks a jug, whatever he gets is automatically collected. Which means you can leave him unsupervised, while you scan the full map to keep everything else under control.

3. New buildings such as cobblers to increase speed.

4.There are gods in this game that provide short term power ups such as increased speed or productivity.

5.You can save your progress mid-level.

6. More interesting challenges, such as controlling two settlements and their production  at once.

7. Cool awards.

8. The levels are longer and more difficult. By Level 3, I was taking an hour to finish!

For the rest of it, this game closely resembles the first. Build or restore buildings,  mine for resources, aim to save survivors from Adelantado’s ill-fated expedition, trade with the natives, etc. You still have 4 choices of difficulty levels, including an untimed one.

Graphics are still great, music is better than the last one I think, and building sounds etc. are good.

Criticisms from the first game about the tutorial and handholding remain true, and the cavemen still attack.

All up, this series, now, is the best of the resources management games I’ve seen, and I am eager for the third book in the trilogy.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:15 pm