Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1 Empty Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1

Post by genkicoll Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:16 am

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1
    by Realore - July, 2012

Series links:  Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1, Adelantado Trilogy: Book 2, Adelantado Trilogy: Book 3

Available at:
    Realore
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1 Adelantado-trilogy-book-one_feature

Feel what it’s  like to be a pioneer in South America! Discover the secrets of the  jungle! Find riches and glory with Adelantado! The storyline of  Adelantado begins in Spain during the Age of Discovery. The Queen  summons a brave and noble officer, Don Diego De Leon. She tells him  about an expedition that was sent overseas to find gold for the crown.  For a while, there has been no news from the adventurers. The Queen  grants Diego the title of Adelantado – a governor and caretaker of the  new lands. He is given a mission to find and, if possible, save, the  lost expedition, as well as collect the much needed gold. One of the  Queen’s ministers, knowing of Adelantado’s mission, wants all the fame  and glory for himself. He hires a thug named Pablo Rodrigez to complete  the mission first.

• Vast level maps
    • Non-linear missions
    • Plentiful side-quests

Click images to enlarge
    Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1 Th_screen1_Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1 Th_screen2_Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1 Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1 Empty Re: Adelantado Trilogy: Book 1

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:13 am

My Favourite Resource Management Game
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

You are a Spanish conquistador charged with rescuing the lost expedition of Adelantado, rebuilding abandoned encampments, dealing with the locals and exploring new territory. And of course the most important sending home gold to Spain. History is messed with pretty severely here – all the native tribes are happy to see you, you offer only help and don’t slaughter any of them, and the only threats are from cavemen. Still, it’s a great adventure.

You have 4 levels of difficulty to choose from, including relaxed with no timer. Or you can play with timer, and even if you don’t finish the level in time, can go on to the finish, and still move on. Some levels are only available if you have completed all other levels to expert status.

About a year ago, I thought I’d find out about resource games and trialled a dozen of them. This is by far my favourite. There is a lot more flexibility in this game, to do your own thing – where you put buildings, which buildings to go for first. There is a lot of instruction given, but after the first stage of a level you can choose to ignore the advice.

The game looks good, the characters move well, and the sounds are a fun part of the experience. There are many different kinds of locations to explore, each level map is quite big, and there are lots of little side quests as a result of interaction with others. There are jewels to find that enhance your abilities such as speed and oratory, and secrets to be learned (but which are not essential for progress), so Don Diego does a lot of beating the bushes and  breaking jars and barrels, while the workers follow his instructions to build, mine etc. At the end of each level, you get a piece of a golden artifact.

The biggest frustration I found with the game was the space restrictions when trying to expand the settlement. There never seems to be enough to do what needs doing. So the fact that no building, even abandoned ones, can be demolished is a pain, but I notice this is fixed in the next Book.

The tutorial was enough for me to play the game through even though I was a totally raw beginner, but it might be too much hand holding for some.

I had a wonderful time with this game, and completely lost myself in it, even though it is not my usual genre choice.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:22 am