Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+4
tesamoine
JustTheFacts
heleanthia
genkicoll
8 posters

Book-love

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Book-love - Page 2 Empty Re: Book-love

Post by luvtoread Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:32 pm

OH YES.....I definitely can relate:  Cry 

Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:36 pm

pippi wrote:Oh Esme - that is so amazing!  WOW oh WOW.  A friend of mine in the UK MET him and she was so excited she couldn't talk.  (I was so jealous, I didn't want to talk to her for weeks HA).  What a treasure you have!!
    Believe me, I have done a little happy dance with it a few times! Happy bounce 

I would probably die of excitement if I ever got to meet him. He seems like such an incredible human being.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Cry Tantrum Oh yes!!! This is me too! But the worst was a TV series - Buffy the Vampire Slayer when she died, I cried for three days!! Not so much for her but for all the people who loved her and failed to save her - most particularly my favourite character in anything ever - Spike.

You can imagine what it was like when hedied!  Tantrum It was sooooo traumatic!  The Scream 
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh Justie - I feel the same way Every. Time. I watch Buffy series (I am not confessing how many times that has occurred.   Whistle )

And James Marsters is a great actor ... but I've never liked him in anything as much as I loved Spike.  He owned that role.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Spike is my one true love. There's been no one, before or since, to match him! I love that his devotion to Buffy so completely rules him that he would try to be good even without the soul.

I try to remind all those Angel fans (oh, hello Frodo, fancy seeing you here! Snicker ) that he was EVIL without a soul, and darn close to it on occasions even with it.

Spike was totally without a motivation or incentive to be good other than to please Buffy. And, for him, that was enough. The ultimate 'love conquers all' scenario...

I hardly play the Buffy DVDs now (I CAN'T tell how many times I've watched the whole series, let alone my favs (the background episode, "Once More With Feeling", the hot and heavy bits). I also have over 100 sound bites (hee hee) from the first few series... I mix them in with my 'top 100' mixed song list and I am still pleasantly pleased by the interruptions!  Elk grin 
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:02 am

I came across this and thought others would get a kick out of it.  Its Edgar Allen Poe's vlog.

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:11 am

THAT WAS SO AMAZING!!! Apart from the fun of meeting 'Lenore' from the song in "Chimeras", one of my favourite games, I never even knew stuff like this was out there on You Tube.

Obviously my life has been seriously deprived by virtue of the absence of these vids! Thanks for introducing me to them!

(What does VLOG stand for, if anything?)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:27 pm

I think Video Log? Instead of Blog.

I come across this stuff from my FB. I "like" something and it refers me to other things.
    For me, it is actually my "go-to" for learning what's out there.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 pm

I just look at cat pix lol

Must make an effort to get around a bit. I've been using the internet on pcs for 15 years and I still haven't done any real exploring lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:44 am