Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+12
pippi
Frodo
tesamoine
RenaissanceMom
Sportygal2009
JustTheFacts
kac
Ghostly
luvtoread
_DD_
tweetypie
genkicoll
16 posters

Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

volnole68
    volnole68

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 29 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by volnole68 Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:55 am

Have you done a review of Geneforge Just? I haven't found an RPG yet that I want to play.  Still looking.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 29 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:25 am

I should, shouldn't I? I haven't yet, because last time I played Geneforge was about 10 years ago!! (I don't think I'm exaggerating by much).

It is a nice easy RPG, with turn-based battles (lots of them), dozens and dozens of game hours (just on one of them and there's 5!). You still die 100s of times, but at least eventually you can work out how to win lol. It's very simple compared to what's out there these days. But most important to me is the turn-based combat, otherwise the game would be unplayable (for me anyway)

I snuck a quick peak at the others in the series, and they are all basically the same, improved graphics, minor changes, but all still operating the same way. To me, that's the same as having one long game of 100+ hours! Happy bounce Actually, more likely 500+ hours, considering the time consuming business of dying all the time!  faints 

Also, there's the politics. You have to decide at some point, you can't put it off forever, which faction you are going to support. Depending on your responses to the leaders of the sects, a town could be a safe haven or the most dangerous place on the map!!

The other big thing with Geneforge is your ability to create assistants. These 'creations' can have abilities you're weak on, so in battle, you are a more rounded force. And different styles of character have greater abilities in creating power. Usual RPG stuff.

Anyway, I'm loving it, except that I'm getting RSI of the mouse hand and have to take breaks to waffle on here  Elk grin 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am

I'm going to need to make a Geneforge topic for you to put all of this in!

So the TGT at Big Fish is Psych (also out at the dev's), and BOY is it getting slammed!  There's a soft release of Antique Shop: Book of Souls Part 1, and surprise-surprise, they are going to carry the Standard Edition only.  Either the reviewers are in a foul mood today, or both games are pretty bad, 'cause this one's getting slammed, too! 

The Daily Deal is Captain Space Bunny, and they're having a 1/2 off retail sale today.  Use the code TICK for $9.99 CE's, and TOCK for $4.99 SE's.

GameHouse now has the Platinum Edition of Origins: Elders of Time (Big Fish got the SE only!), and iWin has Disharmony Blocks 2.

Steam's Daily Deal is Spacebase DF-9 for $16.74, and GamersGate's is Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension for $8.75.

Happy gaming! Sunny

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 29 O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 am

Oooops! Sorry genki!  Oops! 
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:38 am

I tried the demo for Origins: Elders Of Time Platinum Edition at GameHouse, and I couldn't see much difference from the standard version at BFG.  No sign of a strategy guide OR bonus chapter.   Huh? 

Still a lovely game though, so I got the BFG vesion in their sale yesterday.   Okay

EDIT:  Just found a strategy guide for the GameHouse version, under 'Other Info', along with the credits.   Rolling Eyes
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:09 am

JustTheFacts wrote:Oooops! Sorry genki!  Oops! 

You misunderstand, my dear Sunny  I don't mind you posting about these things in here -- it's just that it will all get buried, and we won't be able to find easily, so having it in two places is a good thing!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:29 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones, and if you buy today or tomorrow, you can get either or both of the previous games in the series for $2.99 each using the code JONES.  The game is currently 20% off at Artifex Mundi -- you'll find the link in the game thread Wink  The Daily Deal is Life Quest 2.  You know, I think I forgot to mention the COTW on Monday! Huh?  Whoops!  The Catch of the Week is Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove.

GameHouse now has the arcade game Tarzan Unleashed, and iWin has the Dragon Keeper Double Pack.  If you liked Magic Farm and The Fifth Gate, you'll probably enjoy these, too Cute Dragon

Alawar has a dual release of Natural Threat 2 (it's their OWN game, and they just now get it??) and Dreams From the Past.

Steam's Daily Deal is Music Creator 6 Touch for $12.49, and GamersGate's is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for $3.74.

Happy gaming!

pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:27 am

Hi Genki - I didn't find a thread for Heretic Kingdoms, so I was wondering where I should post about it?  Has anybody here played it?  I'm really excited to play it, but I'm having technical issues and was hoping somebody could help me figure out what to do.  Thanks so much!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:33 am

Got it posted for you here: Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition, pippi Sunny

The TGT at Big Fish is the SE of Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride, and the Daily Deal is Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story

GameHouse has Tales from the Dragon Mountain 2: The Lair, and iWin is the first to get Fantasy Mosaics 2.

Steam's Daily Deal is Project Zomboid for $10.04, and GamersGate's is I Am Alive for $3.74 ( Overreaction  Wannnnt, but still too much for me right now.  Ah well, it will be on sale again~)

Happy gaming! Big smile

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:42 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams, and the Daily Deal is Azada 4: Elementa.  All SE's are $4.99 using the code BLOOM.

GameHouse now has the Dragon Keeper Double Pack, and iWin has the Match-3 Atlantic Quest 2.

Steam's Daily Deal is The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for $7.49, and GamersGate's is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for $3.74.

Happy gaming Cute Dragon

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:59 am

There's also a "classified" sale - all CEs for $9.99. Code = CLASSIFIED

You probably know that, but I thought I'd mentioned it JIC
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks for the info Justie   Okay
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Yep, I didn't know about it 'til I read my e-mail, then I forgot to update this thread!  All games are 50% off retail at GameHouse through tomorrow (March 30th) -- No code needed!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:13 pm

The TGT at Big Fish is the SE of True Fear: Forsaken Souls, and the Daily Deal is Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls.

iWin has IGT Slots: Texas Tea.

The Daily Deal at Steam is Europa Universalis IV for $13.59, and GamersGate's is Wargame AirLand Battle for $10.00.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:56 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2, and there is a soft release of Farm Fables: Strategy Enhanced.  The Daily Deal is The Saint: Abyss Of Despair, and the Catch of the Week is Botanica 1: Into the Unknown.

If you buy Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams today, you can get Living Legends: Ice Rose and/or Grim Tales: The Wishes for $2.99 each using the code DREAMS.

Nothing new at GH or iWin at the moment, but Alawar has Jewel Legends: Magical Kingdom.

Steam's Daily Deal is The Secret World: Massive Edition for $20.39, and GamersGate's is Call of Juarez: The Cartel for $4.99.

Happy gaming!

Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:41 am

Tesla Effect (Tex Murphy) is coming out on 22 April   Happy bounce 
    http://www.gog.com/game/tesla_effect_a_tex_murphy_adventure 

GOG have the pre-release page up now. 

I backed this on Kickstarter a couple of years ago.  And now, it's finally becoming a reality. 

Been waiting 16 years* for this game - I am BEYOND excited!   Party 

All hail Tex   We\'re Unworthy!

*That's how long it's been since the last Tex Murphy game.
    kac

Post by kac Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 am

I Kickstarted it as well.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:39 am

My God! It must have been a good game!!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:55 am

I'll make a topic for it later today, thanks Frodo Big smile

There are three releases at Big Fish today.  The TGT is Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale, which is "Free-to-play" Yeah right  The soft releases are Day D: Time Mayhem, which is a Tower Defense (we still don't have any TD fans here, do we?) and the last release is Magic Griddlers.

Felix is an April Fool, and all CE's are $8.99 each, whether you're a game club member or not, using the code LAUGH.  You can find the CE listing HERE.

GameHouse now has Excursions of Evil... Only GH is special, and they added on to the title, calling it "Mystery Case - Excursions of Evil." Whistle 

iWin has a dual release of Mind Snares: Alice's Journey and Fill and Cross: World Contest.

Steam's Daily Deal is Defiance for $4.99, and GamersGate's is Darksiders II for $7.50.

Happy gaming~! consolegaming

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:31 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Diner Mania.  BF has it listed as one word, 'DinerMania,' but when I looked it up, it showed as two words, so that's what I went with Silly face  There is a soft release of the marble-dropper League of Mermaids: Pearl Saga, and the Daily Deal is Trivia Machine Reloaded.  There's a spotlight on Eipix Games today, with a true 50% off sale (game club members save more.)  Use the code EIPIX to get your savings, and don't forget about Ebates!

GameHouse has the Apothecarium & Sister's Secrecy Bundle today, and iWin has 6 -- yes, you read that right! - SIX releases today! OH!  First off we have Bubble Town with Sproink Snicker  Then we have four bundles:  Jewel Quest Solitaire with Dream Vacation Solitaire, Dream Day Wedding 6 with JoJo's Fashion Show 3, Fill and Cross Royal Riddles with Royal Jigsaw, and Treasures of the Serengeti with Jewel Quest Mysteries 2.  Lastly we have a brand new match-3 by the name of Magic Heroes: Save Our Park.  Well, it just says 'Magic Heroes,' but the image has the 'Save Our Park' on it, so I included that, too Wink

Steam's Daily Deal is Call of Juarex Gunslinger for $5.09, and GamersGate's is War of the Roses Kingmaker for $4.99.

Happy gaming! Snowball

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:38 am

Arrrggghh!  I got Final Cut: Homage from BFG, in their sale yesterday.
    If had known about today's sale, I could have got it cheaper.  *sulks*

Overreaction
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 am

All good things come to those who wait. I was thinking about getting it yesterday, but said to myself, no, it will go for half price, or BOGOF, within a month. Just be patient! YAY!  Happy bounce 

Mouse pbbt 
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:48 am

BTW I'm baack! Evil Grin 
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 am

Glad you're back, Justie   Hug 
    Did you enjoy your books?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:05 am

Yes, thank you, although not as much as games, surprisingly. I did need the rest though. THAT I revelled in - until Saturday night when all rest was cancelled. Fiver my youngest cat injured himself very badly (although it could and at first seemed to be a lot worse), and spent the night at vet's performing role of vet nurse in emergency surgery! I don't do gore - even in the movies! But he needed me and so it wasn't even hard.

And of course, since then, 24/7 watching for signs of infection, making sure he doesn't attack his stitches, isn't hassled by other cats, doesn't overdo things and isn't in pain. Been sleeping on a beanbag on the floor beside his favorite hiding spot. HE's fine! Not too sure about me lol  Yeah right 

Had to escape so back to the games!! Yay! Nothing like a catastrophe to get me motivated lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:30 pm