Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

kac

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 30 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by kac on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:21 am

I'm glad Fiver is doing well.  You seem very devoted to him!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 30 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:25 am

Yes. To all 5 of my cats. They are my only family, emotionally speaking. My sister, about whom I am lukewarm (and she's my favourite person relative), can't believe the amount of money and time and effort goes into them, even though she is a dedicated cat lover herself.

But being too ill to work, I have the luxury of all the time in the world to spend on my cats (and reviews of course Big smile ). I get back far more than I give.
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 am

Oh, poor Fiver.  And poor you!  It must have been quite  scare for both of you. 
    I'm glad he's doing okay though. 

I bet you're spoiling him rotten, and giving him lots of treats.   Smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:31 am

Ugh! That sounds like such a cliche! What I mean is, it is very rewarding and even the emergency nurse thing had the benefit of me discovering a new strength in myself I didn't know was there. Vet said I should make a career of it, as I seemed like a natural. Never mind I had a panic attack the minute I saw his blood! lol It was only when I knew he was going to live and not lose any bits (except some skin and fat) that I calmed down.

Yes, lots of treats Frodo! And cuddles. He's suspiciously willing to take his medicine too, think maybe he's liking that pain killer just a bit too much! Anyway, he thinks he's better and should be allowed outside  Elk grin 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Aww, poor kitty!  Pumpkin Cat   I hope he heals up quickly!  It's nice to have you back, Justie!

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of Fear For Sale 4: Phantom Tide, and if you buy today or tomorrow,  you can get any or all of the previous games in the series for $2.99 each by using the code TIDE.  There is a soft release of Mystery Riddles, and the Daily Deal is Sleepwalker's Journey .

GameHouse now has Secret Bunker USSR: The Legend Of The Vile Professor, and iWin has the SE of Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 30 EmptyCall of Atlantis 2: Treasures of Poseidon.

Alawar has a dual release of The Fog: Trap for Moths and The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths, which as best I can tell was originally released for Nintendo.

Steam's Daily Deal is Rise of the Triad for $3.74, and GamersGate's is The Political Machine 2012 for $1.00.

Happy gaming!

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 30 O9fj
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 am

Sorry to hear about your Kitty.  Fiver is a great name.  Hope he gets all better very soon!!!  We do things in times of crisis we never thought possible for us to do.  I'm glad he has you to take such good care!

I'm very new to a multiple cat household - we just brought in a rescue Kitten and our Cat is Much Less Than Thrilled.  May I PM you some questions on how to get them to tolerate each other?  I'm pretty nervous Cat will eat Kitten.

On another topic - Genki, I DO try to post these things in the right place! - it seems like I might have gotten hold of a bad game.  I'm super picky about where I buy, so the verdict is still out.  But a couple of days ago, my computer just started shutting its systems down.  Drivers were corrupted, my network card failed ... it was a long, ugly list.  (My family are programmers and tech people, and they were stymied by this.)  In the postmortem, we found an infected au_.exe file that went completely undetected by 2 virus protection softwares.  I'll update if I learn anything more specific, but Be Careful Out There!

UPDATE:  I just downloaded the trial of Mystery Riddles from BFG, and it completely shut down the computer.  (Different computer than the sick one.)  I've never, ever had a problem with a BFG download.  So I am not casting blame.  This weekend, we're going to completely wipe my machine and reset it from the start.  We'll see. 

If anyone else has had a strange problem like this or has any ideas what could be the root cause, I'm all ears!

Last edited by pippi on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add more information)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:32 am

PM away pippi!

Crazy stuff from your computer! I have had programs I have downloaded do that to me, but not in about a zillion years. It used to be compatibility issues, but Mystery Riddles has the same compatibility requirements of most Big Fish games, so I doubt it's that. Will certainly beware. Good luck with the reset.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:56 am

Yikes, Pippi! EEK!  I'll post some information 'bout computers when I can -- not much time at the moment!

The TGT at Big Fish is the SE of Riddles of Fate 2: Into Oblivion, and the Daily Deal is The TimeBuilders: Pyramid Rising.

GameHouse now has Atlantic Quest 2: The New Adventures (Match-3), and all games are 40% off through April 6th using the code TASTY.

iWin now has the SE of Delicious 9: Emily's Honeymoon Cruise.

Steam's Daily Deal is Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse for $12.49, and GamersGate's is Demigod for $2.50.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:11 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of Dark Strokes 2: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom, and the Daily Deal is Strange Cases 4: The Faces of Vengeance.

GameHouse now has Crayola Color, Draw & Sing , and iWin is down for maintenance.

Steam's Daily Deal is Space Engineers for $13.39, and GamersGate's is inMomentum for $2.49.

Happy gaming!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:33 am

HELP PLEASE!

Recently, genki posted a topic that included (if I remember correctly) a bundle or indie sale that had a game in it where you eat furniture or fed furniture to a critter or similar.

Does anyone know what I'm on about and what the game is called? Am having a long-running joke with a friend and must have this game's name to send her to  Evil Grin 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Maybe from the Humble Weekly bundle?

It's extra quiet today, even for a Sunday.

The TGT at Big Fish is the Standard Edition of Mystery of Unicorn Castle 2: The Beastmaster, and the Daily Deal is Gardenscapes 2.

iWin is still down, and nothing at the other portals.

The Daily Deal at Steam is Euro Truck Simulator 2 for $4.99, and GamersGate's is the Victoria Collection Bundle for $9.99.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:04 am

Big Fish is taking us around the world today~!  The TGT is Mahjong World Contest 2, there's a soft release of Tales of Empire: Rome, and the Daily Deal is Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens .  If you buy Dark Strokes 2: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom today or tomorrow, you can get either or both of the previous games in the series for $2.99 each using the code SNOW.

GameHouse now has Magic Griddlers, and iWin is back up with three releases:  Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2, and Ultimate Time Management Pack (10-in-1) (AWESOME pack!)

Steam's Daily Deal is Evoland for $2.49, and GamersGate's is Hearts of Iron 3 Collection for $4.99.

Happy gaming! consolegaming

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:22 am

Yes, that is an awesome pack! But I don't think of those game as TM! I play those, I won't even look at a strictly TM game lol. Harumph 

I have a TM pack that is full of those other TM games - I'll never play it, wish there was a way to get rid of it lol - course, if you (any of you) want it, we can organise a redownload.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:57 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Northern Tale 3, and there is a soft release of the match-3 Fantasy Quest .  I forgot to mention yesterday that the Catch of the Week is Twilight Phenomena 1: The Lodgers of House 13.

iWin now has Tarzan Unleashed - Multiplayer , and Alawar has TV Farm 1.

Steam's Daily Deal is The Amazing Spider-Man for $16.99, and GamersGate's is the Overlord Complete Pack for $4.99.

Happy gaming!

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:10 am

Do I want Overlord?I think I do. Has anyone played it? It's action, so not necessarily up anyone's street, but I sometimes like to drive myself insane by getting killed over and over and over again.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:25 am

Overlord has a great overall rating, so if you enjoy this kind of game, it's a great deal!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:27 am

Yes, I saw that rating and that was part of my reasoning that it would be a good one of its type to have. I only have Summoner, and while a sentimental favourite is very old and poor in visuals compared to Overlord. And it is a different story that is for sure!  Big smile 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:47 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the adventure Violett, and there is a soft release of Legends of Solitaire 2: Curse of the Dragons.  The Daily Deal is Ghost: Elisa Cameron, and all games are 30% off (whatever price you usually pay) using the code SAVE30.

GameHouse now has the Standard Edition of Call of Atlantis 2: Treasures of Poseidon, and iWin has the SE of Farm to Fork.

Steam's Daily Deal is Alice: Madness Returns for $4.99, and GamersGate's is MotoGP 13 for $10.00.

Happy gaming~! consolegaming

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:03 am

Note: That's 30% off members' price as well as retail. First thing I checked lol  Big smile 
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:11 am

Monday is the Spring Holiday, so I'd REALLY like BFG to have a BOGOF sale   Evil Grin
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am

EEK!  Bloody hell! (Excuse me a minute I'm gonna go all racist on you  OH! ) You bloody Yanks! All you ever do is have holidays! Is there no end to your gratuitist celebrating?! NO?!

Well, thank goodness for that, or I'd never be able to afford to buy so many games!!!! Happy bounce 

Gotcha!  Sunny 
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:18 am

JustTheFacts wrote: EEK!  Bloody hell! (Excuse me a minute I'm gonna go all racist on you  OH! ) You bloody Yanks! All you ever do is have holidays! Is there no end to your gratuitist celebrating?! NO?!

Well, thank goodness for that, or I'd never be able to afford to buy so many games!!!! Happy bounce 

Gotcha!  Sunny 

*points to the info under her avatar, showing she's in UK, not USA*   pfft
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 am

Oh. Ooooops!  Embarrassed 

I knew that!

So why would bfg have a holiday for Pommies Smile? (in Aus it is illegal to call an English person a Pommie unless you are smiling at the time - serious!)
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:24 am

Never heard the term Pommie  Smile  before. 
    But why wouldn't BFG had a sale for the Spring Holiday?   Hug
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:27 am

BUT... is it their Spring Holiday too? Cuz in that case, my rant stays true, just not pointed specifically at any absent Yank friends lol.

Pommie is a bit old fashioned now, but for 100 years or so was slang for anyone from England. Was a reference to the reddened and veined cheeks they got from too much sun and beer in Aus. From "pomegranite".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:28 am