Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by luvtoread Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Well,   the mystery being--where in the gene pool did she come from.   Dunno 
    I think she popped up in the Grim Tales that you actually liked:   Bloody Mary.  
    She was just there with no explanation.
    Mystery of Unicorn Castle?   I have never heard of it.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:06 pm

luvtoread wrote:Well,   the mystery being--where in the gene pool did she come from.   Dunno 
    I think she popped up in the Grim Tales that you actually liked:   Bloody Mary.  
    She was just there with no explanation.
    Mystery of Unicorn Castle?   I have never heard of it.

Its proper name is: Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster.

How could it be anything other than insane? LOL!
    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 34 Tumblr_inline_mksebdxlPQ1qz4rgpDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 34 Tumblr_inline_mksebdxlPQ1qz4rgpDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 34 Tumblr_inline_mksebdxlPQ1qz4rgpDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 34 Tumblr_inline_mksebdxlPQ1qz4rgpDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 34 Tumblr_inline_mksebdxlPQ1qz4rgp
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:05 am

So,  I woke up way to early  (why am I not still sleeping??)   saw today's game is Phantasmat:
    The Dread of Oakville,  bought it without even demoing it cause the SAVE sale still worked.
    Then,   just because,  I bought Amaranthine Voyage:  The Obsidian Book CE.

I now have more unplayed and unfinished games.
    I wish I could find clothes on sale that fit right this easily.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:46 am

Same here, luvtoread, except for the "up too early" part.

I've been waiting on Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville since Monday. Peeking at the vid on YT, I knew I had to have it!

Since our weather has been nothing but rain, storms, rain, drizzle, showers, misting, rain, sprinkles, downpours, rain...I think I'll start the game today.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 am

Yup. SAVE still works, so Phantasmat is mine! Happy bounce

The unicorn game isn't bad actually. The only cheesy thing is that you earn "karma" points by the decisions you make in the game... ie. do you kill the spider or shoo it away... that sort of thing. I'm far too much of a goody-two-shoes to kill the spider in a game, but IRL... KILL IT WITH FIRE!  OH!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 34 50640921

Yes, Ryan.  Yes I did.  Cry
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Lol, Esme!! Laugh

I played Phantasmat for a bit and then we had to leave. I'm going back to it now. I have "Gone Girl" recorded, so I may watch that.
    I don't know what I'm going to do. What I do know...it's finally quit raining!!!!!!!!! Happy bounce
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:01 am

esme-   What a wonderful sight to wake up to  Wub
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:05 am

I thought it was enjoyable!  Wub

I finished the main game of the Magical Unicorn game and was pleasantly surprised. It was challenging and some of the puzzles felt different from the norm. I enjoyed it. 

I'm not in the mood for the bonus section at the moment, so maybe I'll start Phantasmat 3. Or is it 4 now? 

I hope you are all looking forward to an amazing weekend!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:46 am

I am playing the Bonus on Phantasmat:  Another fog that wants to  possess you.
    Now,  we have to do stupid things in games all the time,  but for some reason--maybe
    I need a nap or something,  this just brought out the  "this is really stupid!"   in me.

I will spoiler this--don't want to ruin your eye-rolling moment when you get to this part

who puts this stuff in here?:

There is also a man who wants to protect you    Rolling Eyes     guess how that works out?   Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:36 am

luvtoread wrote:I am playing the Bonus on Phantasmat:  Another fog that wants to  possess you.
    Now,  we have to do stupid things in games all the time,  but for some reason--maybe
    I need a nap or something,  this just brought out the  "this is really stupid!"   in me.

I will spoiler this--don't want to ruin your eye-rolling moment when you get to this part

who puts this stuff in here?:

There is also a man who wants to protect you    Rolling Eyes     guess how that works out?   Laugh
    I'm not that far yet, but I can imagine it's fairly silly. 

I am liking the game though. The daughter is at least semi-intelligent, and not really too wussy. 

As far as the man protecting me.... LOL Yeah right! l am betting money that he winds up in trouble and I have to go save his dumb self. AMIRITE???? 

Belly laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:39 pm

YUP--You are    Laugh

I enjoyed the game,   played it this weekend.   Now I am playing Amarithine Obsidian Book..
    Or whatever its called.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:12 pm

I'm confused about something in Phantasmat 3... well, many things, but I'm going to ask about only one.
    Not THAT big a deal, but still...:
    I am so lost! 

Dunno
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Wasen't it at the beginning when Vivian was singing,  or reciting a poem about him?
    Then later she mentions him again when our lost adventuring book writer finds her in
    the dungeon.

question:
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Well,
    More gibberish from the game:

None of this should lead anyone to the assumption that it's a terrible game. I quite enjoyed it!  Okay

Hey, it's not Twisted Lands, so I am allllllllllllllllll good! Life makes perfect sense and I'm a happy Esme! Happy bounce
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:55 am

Whew....finally finished Campfire Legends: The Babysitter. That was one tough game!

Here's why. No wide-screen on my laptop (I know, it's an older game). The objects to find were miniscule and we don't get HO "lists", we have to search all over tarnation for things.
    Hmm, I must've forgotten that part in the first game.

You have to find fireflies in order to increase the hints. Okay, no big deal. But...you have to use 3 fireflies to "skip" a puzzle. (I did have to skip one puzzle, too damn hard) It's a good thing the fireflies replenished quickly and I was able to find the allotted amount.

A misclick penalty? Really, devs? You want me to find all these teeny-tiny objects that I can hardly see and give me a misclick penalty when I can't find them, accidentally clicking on something which may look similar to what I'm supposed to find?
    For that, devs, you get a big, fat...  pfft

Other than the "campy" storyline (lol) and all mentioned above, the gameplay was good because it made me think!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Esme wrote:Well,
    More gibberish from the game:

None of this should lead anyone to the assumption that it's a terrible game. I quite enjoyed it!  Okay

Hey, it's not Twisted Lands, so I am allllllllllllllllll good! Life makes perfect sense and I'm a happy Esme! Happy bounce

Ok,   now I remember.    I thought it was a bad idea for those men to do that

what bad thing they did:

Do you know I was short 6 MO's???   Oops!     Normally it is one!   I also enjoyed the game.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:39 pm

DJ, that's the only Campfire Legends game I've played. I, too, got annoyed with misclick penalties. That's one thing that older games do that used to tick me right off. I'm grateful that the devs don't do that much anymore. If I want to click on that crowbar/pair of gloves/feather 800 times then let me! It's my flippin' game!  Overreaction

Luvto-- I was cracking up when Mr. Clueless He-Man Mountain Ranger
    not really a spoiler, but what the heck!:
    Belly laugh
    Not sure what to do next; start a game? finish my book? Continue to watch #PrimeDayFail scroll by on Twitter.... 

So many choices! LOL 

Anyone seen genki lately? I know this new job has her busy. I hope all is well.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:37 pm

Lol, Esme! Misclick penalties don't bother me EXCEPT when the objects are so small to begin with. The devs needed to cut us some slack on that!
    I didn't have wide-screen either, so a marble didn't look like a marble, looked more like a speck. Laugh

I'm playing Witches' Legacy: Dark Throne right now. I just finished Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak which I picked up as a DD or something a couple of weeks ago.
    It wasn't a bad game, I sort of liked it!

I had 2 soon-to-expire PCCs and I picked up 2 games today. I can't remember the names, though. I think they're older games...geesh, can't find anything lately to play.
    Oh yes, one of the games was Whispered Secrets: Into the Beyond.

I thought I'd seen Genki pop in a few days ago. I hope she's okay, too.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:43 am

I messaged genki over at Steam;   she is busy but doing good.   I told her we miss her.

I am going to try out the new Shadow Wolf Mysteries,  just because.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Thanks for letting us know, luvtoread!

Have you tried the new Shadow Wolf Mysteries yet?
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:56 pm

I am pathetic. I didn't even know there was a new Shadow Wolf game. I have honestly never liked this series. I have a few of them, and I hate myself for it. LOL

Embarrassed
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Here's an interesting little update from Goblinz about the True Fear sequel. These guys are awesome. I tried to leave them an encouraging message to let them know that not all of us want Candy Crush 24/7.

Quote:

We apologize for not giving any news!
    Unfortunately the iOS sales were very disappointing and we couldn't hire more people as we initially intended. So we all concentrate on work and no one finds time to make and select the screenshots. Sorry about that! 
    Here are some new pictures from the game and a couple of stills from the Intro.

Dimmie also apologizes for not answering any messages lately. He literally does the job of three people right now. He should be available soon, though.
    Maybe some of you could wonder why the iOS sales were "very disappointing" (Dimmie asked to address this issue here as well).
    The publisher's theory basically was "people want Candy Crush, not to read long stories".
    Dimmie's theory is that it is not easy playing a dark game on a smaller screen or to get involved in a scary story without the comfort of a bigger monitor, more comfortable position and better sound.
    Please don't worry, though, the sequel IS coming out and it is close to being submitted for QA as planned.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Oh gosh, I feel sorry for them.

Goblinz,
    I can play a dark game on my laptop. I so want to get involved in a scary story!! It's been way too long since we've had a good D&E game.
    I don't want Candy Crush... I want Dark & Dreary!!!

That was me, throwing a hissy fit!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:17 am

I know there are threads for this but I am too lazy. Mouse pbbt

For those who live "in the continental US", Legacy have DVD packs of quite good games that you have all probably heard of here, but maybe haven't got. For free postage and $14 AUD, so I guess that's about US$10.

4 games per pack - first has both Dreamscapes, Beyond The Invisible: Evening, and Frankenstein.

The second has Love Story: Letters from the Past, Travels of Marco Polo, Abyss: Wraiths of Eden, and Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper.

They are not all d&e, but they are all decent games. And just think, when Big Fish/GameHouse toss out all their old games, you'll still have yours.  Wink I know not all of my games are available at all the portals I normally trawl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:42 am