Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by luvtoread Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:12 am

I took advantage of the sale yesterday and bought Det. Dreamy Eyes CE.

The temperature is suppose to go up this weekend--30 Degrees Above 0, not
    below-- so I may actually get out of the house this weekend, Happy bounce
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:54 am

Isn't it wonderful, luvtoread? Big smile Our temp is supposed to be the same as yours! I sure hope it melts some of this snow and ice, especially the ice. I'm tired of trying to walk on it...in it...whatever.
    On President's Day, we got around 6-8 in. of snow. Temps didn't get high enough to melt it. School was out the whole week. On Sat. we got ice before another 4 in. of heavy snowfall. Walking is darned near treacherous.

I have finished Frankenstein: Master of Death. Not a bad game at all.
    ***Beware of a reanimated animal scene***
    The storyline was easy to follow. The gameplay was pretty simple, nothing flashy. The cut-scene graphics were very good.
    HOs were interactive (with no helpful hand). I did have a little trouble clicking objects at the top of my screen with my inventory locked because it also locked the map indicator at the top of my screen. Some of my objects were behind it. Unlocking the inventory solved that nuisance.
    It might've only occurred on my laptop because I don't have a huge screen.

I ran into a glitch(?) in one of the HO scenes. I had to "jump" colors from one side to the other placing them in the correct spots (you know, the kind of mini-game we've seen a thousand times and I actually like them!).
    One of my "balls" wouldn't move no matter where I clicked and I clicked everywhere on it, around it, the other balls surrounding it, it just would not move. The only thing I could think of to do was skip it. (I tried backing out of it a few times and it didn't work)
    So, it may've been a glitch, but it's not a game-stopping one. (Even though I hate to use the skip button)

Other than those minor problems, I enjoyed the game. If there ever is a part 2, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Big smile

Edited: I changed "reincarnated" to "reanimated" in my warning as the story deals more with reanimation rather than reincarnation, IMO and MO only.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:15 am

Hey Luvto and DJ ... where I live they consistently cancel our snow forecasts because it is too cold to snow.  I haven't seen Zero Degrees in almost a month.  Today, it is 5F and I thought it was downright muggy when I walked to a friend's house earlier.  I really wish we had some snow, it's really cut into my skiing this winter.  Big smile Buried-in-snow Snowball
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Wow, I feel so spoiled!  This has been the warmest December-January-February I can ever remember having here.  We're only rarely dipping below 32 (freezing point), and are having highs up to the mid-60's! OH!  These are springtime temps!  The flowers and trees, etc, are already starting to bloom!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Zero? What's zero?! My freezer doesn't see zero! Elk grin Belly laugh

Last night it rained and that has put everyone in a good mood (only in Aus Rolling Eyes ), and able to enjoy the beautiful bright sunny day we are having here now. No clouds in the sky, the lightest of cool breezes, everything looking clean and fresh from the wash, and greener already from the sudden burst of new growth in the bush (yup, the plant life really is that quick at grabbing every drop of water it gets). There's even the odd cheeping of a bird or two. They don't start making the daily cacophony until late afternoon (it's 2pm here now) - then they sound like a recording I used to buy to get bird song ambiance for deep relaxation.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:08 am

And now, an hour after sunset, the rain has come again to feed those glorious plants, and cool the air enough for sleep! I am in heaven. Happy bounce 

There are parts of Australia where this is the normal year-round weather, and perhaps the biggest disappointment in my life is that I will not be retiring there. Unless someone wins lotto (I don't gamble myself) and leaves it to me in their will!  Evil Grin
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:18 am

JustTheFacts wrote:Zero? What's zero?! My freezer doesn't see zero! Elk grin Belly laugh

I have a refrigerator / freezer in my garage.  Sure, in the summer it collects the vegetables I store for winter.  But in the winter, it keeps things warm for me.  Belly laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 pm

We've had a below average temperature winter season and I'm sick of these 0 to -0 degree nights! Man, this weather is a PITA.

Speaking of PITAs, I am now playing MCF: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove (SE) and those super puzzles are crazy! I haven't worked one on my own...yet! I've had to use the Puzzle Hint every single time. Rolling Eyes
    I can start a puzzle, but all focused thought soon fades away and I'm staring at my screen wondering what to do next.
    My mind cannot grasp the "next step" and these puzzles make absolutely no sense to me at all.

The logical thing would be, for instance - to solve Part 1 with a tiny, little clue which would lead to Part 2. Again, a clue would be helpful to get to Part 3, and so forth.

I just plain don't like them! meh

It is nice to see some of the locations that were in the original Dire Grove. But, I do have a question. Were there morphing objects in the CE?
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Has anyone heard from orphaned lately? I haven't seen her here for a few days now and she hasn't posted anything recently.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Yes, she's around. Just "knuckling under" for the moment. She'll be pleased to know you cared.  Hug
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Thank you for letting me know, Justie.

Well, we have been hit by the huge snowstorm. It rained all last night and today. The temp went down and now it's snowing like crazy. Sigh A predicted 8 - 12 inches of snow through tomorrow with temperatures plummeting to 0 degrees tomorrow night.

The only good thing is...the rain finally melted all the snow and ice from the previous snowstorm except for the gigantic mounds of plowed snow.

I don't even feel like playing any games. Cry
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:49 pm

The rain melted the snowBuried-in-snow

Man, you guys have serious weather issues! How do you stand living in it at all. I mean, it all looks very pretty and everything, but ice-cold rain is warm by comparison - I'm outa there!!  \'s windy faint dead away
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:07 am

Yes, Justie, we do have serious weather issues. I'm looking at 14+ inches of snow right now...and it is still snowing, thanks to Thor. meh

Actually, it's very unusual for us to get this amount of snow. But since the jet stream's shifted, the result is we've got a wacky weather pattern going on in all seasons.

lol, I don't like it one bit. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it. >sad face<
    Maybe relocate, DH and I are too old to do that. Laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:22 am

Yup--rain melts snow---then comes the flooding.

But, right now it is soooo cooollllddddd, c-cold that melting is not happening.
    Right now the weather is on (5:11 a.m. right now). Warming trend is coming..
    ..30's into the 40's by next week.

dj--those Puzzles were definitely hard. I believe there were collectables in that game,
    but I do not remember what they were.

I was playing with Det. Dreamy Eyes (AKA EAP: Marie Roget) but I have run into a
    problem the last 2 times I played. The Screen went totally black. Not sure why.
    So, I have been playing other games and just will play it in small stages. It lets me
    play for about 5 minutes before the black screen happens. Rather disappointing as I am
    close to the end and would like to play the Bonus.
    I would put it in the tech thread, but that usually leads nowhere.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:16 am

Same here, luvtoread, it's sooo coooold. At 6:30 this morning the temp was 5 degrees. At 7:30 the temp was 0 degrees. Now, it's 2 degrees. Stars

We ended up with a total of 15 inches of snow which was a record-breaker for this date.
    Whoopee... Rolling Eyes

I heard we may get up to 60 degrees Thursday! Happy bounce

Sorry to hear about your tech issues, luvtoread. You are doing the same thing I would be doing since I'm not a techie. Just wait and maybe it'll straighten itself out. Laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:44 am

sunshinej wrote:I just wanted to ask everyone if your Game Manager still tells you what games have a update.  Mine used to tell me what games had a update and now it doesn't.  Is it a problem with just my GM or for everyone?

I  thought of you cause right now my GM  is doing an update on the new Danse Macbre.   I saw the
    little swirly next to it, so I clicked on it and now it is working.

dj---yes,  our techie skills  are pretty much at the same level as using tin cans to communicate,
    aren't they?      Laugh

I am going to play the demo of the new Small Town Terrors now.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:28 am

Esme wrote:I've been going along pretty well in this game. It's actually not too bad... there's a story line and everything. I was happy.

Until now.

It just did the stupidest, most inane thing in the world. One that is, sadly, not uncommon in these games. Lady Vampire Leia Buns just set the abbey on fire with me in it. So what do I do? You know, other than getting the heck out of a burning building, I mean. I stop to pick up planks and play a few HO scenes and work on someone's butterfly collection. I gaze out the window at the dude who helped start the fire as HE runs away. At least the villain's helper is smart enough to get as far away from a burning building as quickly as he can. 

My character? Not so much. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 19 Loosing_it

UGH! 

UGH!

UGH!!!!!!

I finished the Small Town Terrors demo and I do like it.  So,   I am playing my Vampire Legends
    game (I have quite a few games started and not finished.    When it comes to games,   I am
    like a puppy with Attention Deficit Disorder!)

I got to this part and all I could think of was this post.    Big smile     I cannot find the last plank
    that I need to shore up the roof to the burning building--- Huh? ---  
    These games should be used as instructions on what NOT to do...other than get a good laugh!

esme--- for those of you who have not played this intriguing game,  I do not want
    to ruin the surprise,  I will put this question in a spoiler:

a hopeful rant answer to a question about "logic"  of game:
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:22 am

I also noticed the update on Danse Macabre.

I've partially demo'd Small Town Terrors: Galdor's Bluff, seems to be fairly easy (I did demo on the Easy setting). Laugh I'm worried it may be a short game and sorta not worth the CE price because I found almost half of the morphing crystal balls in the time I demo'd. 
    But, there is a BOGO sale....

I have to ask, what in the heck's happened to this series? SMT: Livingston was a very good, creepy SE game. (IIRC, it was never a CE)
    SMT: Pilgrim's Hook was good, also, though not as good as Livingston, IMO. (It was a CE first)

Oh well, I reckon it's par for the course. I did the beta for the new Redemption Cemetery. I thought it was kind of similar to the original game in the way the storyline was presented.
    Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Ravens (the first game) was a fine game. I loved it!

Better go do some more demo'ing. I noticed I haven't demo'd the new Witches' Legacy game yet. I think it's because I'm tired of that imp, although his performance in Charleston Curse was certainly noteworthy.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:02 am

djrum wrote:Same here, luvtoread, it's sooo coooold. At 6:30 this morning the temp was 5 degrees. At 7:30 the temp was 0 degrees. Now, it's 2 degrees. Stars

We ended up with a total of 15 inches of snow which was a record-breaker for this date.
    Whoopee... Rolling Eyes

I heard we may get up to 60 degrees Thursday! Happy bounce

Sorry to hear about your tech issues, luvtoread. You are doing the same thing I would be doing since I'm not a techie. Just wait and maybe it'll straighten itself out. Laugh

Our low tech ways work. I was just able to finish my work with Det. Dreamy Eyes and now I will
    go on to the Bonus. Clap
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:44 am

WTG, luvtoread! Two thumbs up

I think I'm going to get Witches' Legacy: Tiresome Imp. I really like those HO scenes.
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Hey guys  Smile 

Has anyone tried the new Danse Macabre game Deadly Deception?  Is it any good? 

Any other games you lot can recommend? 
    I really need a good game right now, and there's a 2 For 1 deal at BFG this weekend.  Okay
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:39 pm

I have it dl/d but have not played. I have pretty much decided to buy it as I have the
    previous ones. I think I will try it now.
    Have you tried the new Redemption Cemetary or Small Town Terrors?
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:45 pm

Haven't tried either of those, although I loved the previous Small Town Terror games  Smile

And yeah, the other Danse Macabres have been AMAZING!  I'll probably buy this new one, anyway  Elk grin
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:01 pm

Don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour, folks!

*grumbles* Frickin' time change... dirtywords
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi everybody!

Sorry I haven't been around much (if anyone had noticed, that is! LOL). Life has been just too insane for my happiness. My hub's mother was in CICU for two weeks, and his sister told him he might want to come visit before it was too late, so he's out of state for 2.5 weeks. MIL seems to be doing better, but can never live on her own again, so that's a lot for him to deal with. Back on the home-front, our boy dog has gotten bad news from the vet. He's probably got cancer even though the x-rays and blood work don't show it. He's lost over 10% of his body weight and has just been sick, so I've been dealing with multiple vet trips (and vet bills) while my husband is OOT. He's doing a bit better, but getting him to eat and take his meds is a daily circus because his fur-sister would gladly eat all her food and his food too. For now, we're managing his symptoms and trying to make him comfy and get him to EAT! So I'm corralling dogs and fending off other dogs while trying to work full time and do two days of parent-teacher conferences and administering the ACT/state test to our juniors.  faints

I finished whatever I was playing... the Art of Deception one. All I can say is that I hope that Amy and Felix never have children, because they are as dumb as a box of doorknobs. 

Right now I'm playing Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle when I have time. It's not bad, though the storyline is far from original. Ancient family curse. Forbidden love. General ghostliness and shenanigans abound. I can dig it. 

Hope you all are well, happy, and living as stress-free as possible!  Ohm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:33 pm