Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper

genkicoll
    genkicoll

piper - Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Empty Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper

Post by genkicoll Mon May 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper
    by Blue Tea Games

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

piper - Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Fabled-legends-the-dark-piper_feature

The Dark Piper strikes in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper! The fiend unleashes infested rodents into the town of Hamelin using the magical Pied Piper Flute. As the Fabled Inspector, you are summoned by the duke to investigate and stop this mysterious figure. Defeat the Dark Piper before he leaves a trail of destruction all across Europe!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus Gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Concept Art
    • Stop the Dark Piper!

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge

piper - Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Th_screen1_piper - Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Th_screen2_piper - Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

piper - Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Empty Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:43 am

Crikey! I’m, Well, I’m Shocked!  

Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I had to look twice to see who made this game, because it seemed impossible to me that the people who gave us The Exiled Prince could produced anything so dark, so macabre, so, well, violent.

Obviously, this is a game that no rat-o-phobe would want to see – and believe me you REALLY don’t, but it is also not for anyone who prefers their battles with evil to be somewhat low key.

The darkness in this game is intense, the creepiness is everywhere, and the battle is fierce and grim to the bitter end.

For all that, it is an exceedingly beautiful game, well conceived, the story well told, the puzzles are all interesting without being too challenging, and there are plenty of interactive HOs.

I really enjoyed it. I was completely caught up in the story, even this second time around.

My one beef is the map. Very badly put together, it is inaccurate, enough to have you heading off in the entirely wrong direction.

Worse, it is supposed to tell you where there are “areas of interest” but that symbol shows up only if you have an active HO there.

Any key, puzzle etc that you could be using does not register. So it’s around the map getting “There is nothing to do here right now” throughout the entire game.

There was also a fair bit of back and forth with one item too.

But the game is fun, has some surprises in store for you, and is, as you’d expect, visually marvellous

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:53 am

Who developed it, Justie?  I see that I neglected to add that to the first post Sweat drop
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:06 pm

It was Blue Tea games, which is why I was a bit surprised they brought out such a dark game. Enjoyed it immensely myself. Interesting ending.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Thank'ee ma'am! Sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:47 pm