Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Big City Adventure 5: London

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Big City Adventure 5: London Empty Big City Adventure 5: London

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:47 am

Big City Adventure: London Story
    by Jolly Bear Games

Series links: Big City Adventure 1: San Francisco, Big City Adventure 2: Sydney, Australia, Big City Adventure 3: New York City, Big City Adventure 4: Vancouver, Big City Adventure 5: London, Big City Adventure 6: Paris, Big City Adventure 7: Tokyo, Big City Adventure 8: Rio de Janeiro, Big City Adventure 9: Istanbul

GameHouse Premium Edition
    iWin Premium Edition 

(see next post for explanation of the difference between the Premium Edition, Story version, and Classic version)

Also available from:
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse

Big City Adventure 5: London Big-city-adventure-london-story_feature

Fitzpatrick McGovern is long gone, but his mysterious lost legacy is still out there! Find it in Big City Adventure: London Story! Follow the tantalizing trail of clues he left behind and visit some of the best known locations around London in this incredible Hidden Object  Puzzle Adventure game. Meet an eccentric cast of characters that can  help you in your quest, but only if you can help them first. Track down  the legacy in Big City Adventure: London Story!

• Explore London
    • Meet eccentric characters
    • Find the McGovern legacy!

Click images to enlarge
    Big City Adventure 5: London Th_screen1  Big City Adventure 5: London Th_screen2  Big City Adventure 5: London Th_screen3

OR try

Big City Adventure: London Classic

Available from:
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin

Big City Adventure 5: London Big-city-adventure-london-classic_feature

Search for thousands of cleverly hidden items around the historic sites of jolly old London in Big City Adventure: London Classic! Collect postcards containing fascinating and obscure facts about London  and its history and earn cool mementos from the amazing scenes you'll  visit in this fun Hidden Object game. Play unique minigames and explore a  beautiful city in Big City Adventure: London Classic!

• Collect postcards
    • Find awesome mementos
    • Jolly Old London awaits!

Click images to enlarge
    Big City Adventure 5: London Th_screen1  Big City Adventure 5: London Th_screen2  Big City Adventure 5: London Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:58 am; edited 11 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Big City Adventure 5: London Empty Re: Big City Adventure 5: London

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 am

What is the difference between these games, you ask?

Big City Adventure: London Story is for those who prefer the interactive hidden object games with a story - this one has a mystery for you to solve.

Big City Adventure: London Classic is for those who love the classic style and feeling of the Big City Adventure games. This is a straight HOG.

Big City Adventure London Premium Edition includes both versions

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    kac

Post by kac Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Smart idea for them to make two versions.
    bribling

Post by bribling Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:38 pm

I am so observant that i completely missed the Classic version. I bought the London Story outright because this is such a good series. I like it but I was wondering why they changed the format - Duh! I'd love to play both versions but don't want to pay twice - Lol! This series has wonderful graphics, good stories, nice minis and lasts a long time. I think I own all of them. I give it 5 Stars!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Good to hear, bribling!

My SiL loves the BCA games, and I'm going to make sure she trials both before purchase :D
    bribling

Post by bribling Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:15 pm

I just finished London Story. This was very well done. I enjoyed the combo of adventure and HOG. The HOS were not too hard but were not easy. I did use several Hints. This game also includes a WT which is helpful but keeps many things hidden until you open them so you can view only what you need a Hint for. It was good to play a game that was not dark and scary although I do love those games. once again, BCA does not disappoint.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Awesome Sunny My sis-in-law loves the BCA series, so it's Classic-style for her, but I'll be trying the Story version, myself Big smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:37 am

Mind Numbing Repetition Has Its Place I Suppose

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Well, I guess you either love these strictly HO marathons or you hate them. Personally, I hate them, but I have played all the recently released pure HO games several times each, because my 85 year old mum loves them for their simplicity. She would never have ventured forth into the confusing world of the net, if she hadn't been reassured that games could be as simple as this one.

So, as I say, the tedium has its place. This HOG is one of the better choices. The graphics are clear and very bright. Good enough to see what you need to, so no real complaints, but they are irrelevant junk piles with no sense of place. You didn't get the feeling you were visiting London at all. There was no attempt at coordinate your scenes into any coherent itinerary.

The blurb about the game pretty much says it all. Travel around the city to a preordained location, find the list of hidden items, complete a puzzle, collect postcards ‘containing fascinating and obscure facts about London and its history’ and earn ‘cool mementos’. Repeat 50 times!

The puzzles have no skip feature, you must find coins for them scattered throughout the game, and they’re rare.  There are other coins for extra time, hints and points. This is a scored game, so there’s also a high score challenge. The visuals are good, but the items are often very small and take liberties with reality a HOPA would never dare to do.

I've played the London Story version's trial and while it's obviously better, quite frankly it's those same boring scenes with some story patched into it. And the repetition is carried through too.

NB: The newest version of this game offers more skip coins and easier versions of the puzzles.

I recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 am