Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+15
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
ScarletteSpider
Sable
Ghostly
volnole68
luvtoread
bribling
_DD_
tweetypie
oregonpandora
kac
Smallhaven
GIs1stluv
Eddy
19 posters

How's Your Day Going?

Frodo
    Frodo

How's Your Day Going? - Page 7 Empty Re: How's Your Day Going?

Post by Frodo Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:40 am

Oh no, so sorry to hear your husband got hurt, Genki.  Hope his hand heals quickly.   faints 

It is your landlord's responsibility to ensure that his lodgings are safe, and it doesn't sound as though he's doing that.   Yeah right 

I hope you can find somewhere else to live soon, and that the move isn't TOO stressful.   Smile 

In the meantime, hope you (Genki) and RMom feel better soon.   Smile
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:35 am

Wow Genki, sorry to hear your hubby got hurt.  Hope he's ok.  And having to move... always a stressful event.  But it sounds like you're kind of ok with it, so i hope it's low stress & high hopes, & leads you to where you're meant to be.  Sending good thoughts your way.  RMom & Genki, hope you're feeling better very soon.  Take good care of yourselves  Offering
    Sable
    Sable

Post by Sable Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 am

Hope your DH's hand heals quickly, genki, burns are a tough thing to weather.  Just a hint, put some emollient on the burn once it heals over, it will help the healing, it won't itch as badly, and will leave less of a scar.  Something like Vaseline will do the trick, just the lightest smear.

Sorry both you and R-Mom are not feeling well, hope you're both better soon.

Good luck with the move, too, genki.  Sounds like it's time to make the move.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:41 am

Ah, I guess I wasn't clear enough -- The burn happened a few years ago Sweat drop  BUT, the rest of it happened a afternoon before last, just a day after we found out we have to move.

Rmom and Cuddles, I hope we ALL get to feeling better soon!

How's Your Day Going? - Page 7 O9fj
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Genki, I am SO sorry about the move but it sounds like you are ready.  We will certainly help with anything that is needed here.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers though as it will not be easy with your health issues.  It will also be tough on your girls as you well know. 

Hope everyone gets to feeling better really soon.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Aw, maaan.  It's been so nice here lately!  Rainy and cool, just the way I like it!
    How's Your Day Going? - Page 7 Weathe10

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:02 am

Been rainy and cool (if you're you)/cold(if you're me) here too and I am miserable  Cry 

I want summer back!! 3 minutes a year is not enough!!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 am

genki--I will trade your weather for mine.    Partly cloudy,  chance of rain in the 50's.

I agree with JTF.      Need AT LEAST   10 min.  more of summer!    Sunny
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 am

It's totally unfair for me to live in a country renowned for its sunshine and warm weather, and have to put up with 9 months of (Aussie version) winter every year!  c-cold I want to move NE - about 4500km!!  Sunny
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:35 am

Our weather has been nice too but now we are getting ready for that weather front that is throwing tornadoes all over Okla and Arkansas.  We are supposed to have lots of rain, heavy wind and possible tornadoes during the next 3 days.  This front is apparently moving very slowly.

Just, give me an example of your seasons please.  Do you really have 9 months of winter?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:35 am

luvtoread wrote:genki--I will trade your weather for mine.    Partly cloudy,  chance of rain in the 50's.

*_*  My kind of weather!  I'm happy as long as it doesn't got below 40 or above 73! Laugh

Volnole, be safe!  Offering  I heard on the radio this morning that it's supposed to be a pretty bad tornado season :(

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 am

No volnole, not really. I live in the most southwestern corner of Australia, so we are like Northern states in America vs. the rest. It is a tiny pocket of cool "wet" (that's relative to the rest of WA which is desert) weather. I am also in the "mountains" (again that's relative, there are no actual mountains in WA).

So, yes the cooler weather is about much longer than the warmer months. Things start getting chilly (days where the max is below 20C, for example) at the start of April. It will not warm up again till October when the days will start to go above 20 and peak at daily max's of 35-38C in January.

The nights are cool to cold all the year round.

BUT no snow, rarely frost, mild both winter and summer really. And the thing that makes the winter almost bearable - every day a little sun. It almost never happens that we go a full day without the sun coming out even in the midst of full on storms and rainy weather. Very good for improving over all mood and ability to cope with the cold.

volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks Just.  That actually sounds like great temperature.  I am like you with the sun.  I can cope with lots of stuff if the sun is shining.  We are on day 2 of no sun, gloomy skies, misty rain with the promise of terrible weather to come.  I have every light on in the house trying to brighten things up a little bit.  I wish the sun would peak out a little bit and say "I'm still here and will be back."  LOL
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:41 am

Been so tired recently, I just want to stay in my bed all day.   G\'night!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:54 am

Oh frodo I can relate! I am sleeping 12 - 15 hours a day! My excuse is the weather  Wink , what's yours?  Sick ?
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:59 am

The medication I'm taking now, really wears me out.   Gah!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:01 pm

What's my excuse? I nap and drag through my afternoons after work, and I only work til 1pm.  Embarrassed I need some serious sunshine and warmth!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Snicker Oh dear! Time to "le-et the sunshine in, le-et the sunshine in, the sun shine in! Yeah the sunshine..." Whistle 

Anyone know what I'm singing?
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Are you singing that you're a genius, genius, and you believe in god, and you believe that god believ'es in Claude, that's you?   Elk grin 

LOVE that film!  The ending always makes me cry, though, when...
    Spoiler:
       Cry
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Never saw the movie - love the music because was an album my long haired beatnik parents played on their u beaut wow yeah stereo!! (which they'd saved for like a year to get! - I think they're still using it. Laugh )
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm

You never saw it?   Shock 

Okay, quick summary.
    Spoiler:

Love the music. as well.   Big smile 
    And great that your parents are still using their stereo   Okay
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Argh! What a sad story!! I always thought of Hair as a happy hippie kind of thing. Make love, not war, that sort of thing. Of course, my Dad was in the army by then himself, so maybe it had some kind of special meaning to him. (He didn't go to Vietnam, though, too many kids. lol)
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Oh, there's a lot of happy moments as well.  It's all about friendship, and accepting each other for who we are, even if we don't share the same views.  The hippies taught Claude how to relax and be happy, and Claude taught the hippies about responsiblitiy. 

They came from completely different walks of life, but they became such good friends.   Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri May 02, 2014 7:14 pm

I have had a horrible, stressful day.

My grandma was in surgery for bladder cancer (2nd surgery,) and I was at the outpatient facility waiting.  It shouldn't have been over three hours, but it ended up being five... and I only had enough reading material for an hour and a half.  Turns out the cancer was much bigger than they were expecting, and in three different places.  On the plus side, it was very superficial, kind of sitting at the top of the skin, rather than down deep in the tissue.

In the meantime I got a call from my husband that his sister (aka my very closest friend) had the paramedics on the way to help her.  She's been having horrible health problems for a long time, and last week, her heart went into fibrillation, but she refused to go to the ER because it's $5000 every time she has to have it shocked into rhythm.  After 5 days she felt so bad that she HAD to go :(  Fast forward to today, where she felt so bad that she WANTED to go to the ER, and her heart was in afib again.  According to the paramedics, her heart rate was 140, and her blood pressure dangerously high.  Last I heard she had to stay in the hospital overnight, and even worse, they can't hear her artificial heart valve.  It's often so loud that you can hear it ticking like a clock, so that's VERY worrisome.  Add to all of this the fact that she has NO insurance, AND the hospital has been horrible about working with her on payments in the past, and you can see why I'm upset!

Now, adding to all of this is the fact that after sitting around waiting for five hours with no calories and only a couple of sips of water, I have ended up with heat exhaustion... for the second time in three days Sweat drop  *siiiiigh*  Only I could get heat exhaustion by sitting on my duff for a few hours! Gah!

Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat May 03, 2014 2:23 am

Urgh, Genki, what a horrible time for you, your friend, and your grandma.  I'm so sorry you've had all this stress.   Cry 

Really hope your grandma's operation was a success, and she's now cancer-free.  And I hope your friend is doing better, and doesn't have to get shocked again. 

And please Genki, go and eat something, and drink something to get some fluids into you. 

Here's a big  Hug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 am