Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Blood Oath

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Blood Oath Empty Blood Oath

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Blood Oath
    Blood Oath Blood-oath_feature

Available at: Big Fish

With no memories of your past life and a never-ending hunger, it’s time
    to embrace your new life as a vampire in this fun Hidden Object Puzzle
    Adventure game! Avoid the dangerous vampire hunters, as you explore a
    dark world with a new obstacle around every corner. Can you hit the
    ground running and survive the terrifying world you have been pulled
    into? Arise from the dead, and dive into Blood Oath today!

Click images to enlarge

Blood Oath Th_screen1 Blood Oath Th_screen2 Blood Oath Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Blood Oath Empty Re: Blood Oath

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Blood Oath
    Review from June 19, 2010

A spooky IHOG-lite, complete with blood (gee...), pentacles, vampires and anything else the developers could think of to creep you out Blood Oath Laugh It's really not that bad, creepy-wise, but the squeamish might have troubles with the hint meter.

Search for objects by silhouette. There is a glowing light above each item, which I initially thought was odd, but it's actually a hint. Items without a glowing light can't be found on the scene until you do something interactive. A nice little addition to the difficulty is that there are sometimes multiple items to interact with (and find objects for), and each item has a separate list of to-find items. You can automatically switch back and forth between them (when you find the right items), or to make it more challenging, find all of one object's
    items before going on.

The hint meter takes a while to charge, but there is a way to get it to charge faster by doing a mini-game. Collect "cards" in each (indicated) room to access game, which will allow you one of four bonuses (I won't give it all away).

Unlock new powers as you progress through the game - powers that will enable you to move further about the mansion. A nice touch that will keep you from wandering around in places you don't need to be yet.

Between the story and the music, this game is immediately immersive. I even forgot that I was supposed to be writing a review! A definite thumbs up from me Blood Oath 10 This is going on my to-buy list. Perhaps my SOON-to-buy list!

EDIT: Make that my BOUGHT list!

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:16 pm