Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life

genkicoll
    genkicoll

My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life Empty My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life

Post by genkicoll Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:03 pm

My Jigsaw Adventures: Roads of Life
    by CCS (Cold Coffee Studio) - April, 2020

Available at:
    Big Fish
    Steam

My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life Header

Get ready for an amazing journey made of jigsaws, driven by a fantastic story!
    My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life Description_steam_picture02

• A beautiful story-driven jigsaw game
    • Hand painted pictures by a professional artist - no photo stock
    • Choose among a selection of shapes: traditional jigsaw, mosaic or triangle
    • All jigsaws available in 5 different sizes (from 28 to 220 pieces)
    • Set your own difficulty level thanks to customization settings (choose to display the picture or no, display the grid, etc.)
    • Unique music for each puzzle
    • Download the puzzles you completed as wallpaper for your computer.

But that’s not all! Roads of Life also has two game modes to fit your mood. So, are you in for RELAXATION or CHALLENGE?

Standard Mode:
    Relax yourself, play without timer and get unlimited hints to enjoy your jigsaw activity without pressure.

Challenge Mode:
    Timer is on, complete the jigsaw puzzles as fast as you and earn bronze, silver or gold medals...Hints are stacked in this game mode. You’ll earn one hint per jigsaw puzzle completed.
    My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life Ss_7fcdc53aa7e1146c3dc3e3b2fb72e57fab0ce59d.1920x1080My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life Ss_6b2a19a2948fb638c48041974dcd19d2ad353322.1920x1080
    My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life Ss_6e88965d49dbe83999d4351bb8140d43e6940792.1920x1080

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life Empty Re: My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life

Post by genkicoll Mon May 04, 2020 7:34 pm

My Jigsaw Adventures: Roads of Life

A story-driven series of 18 puzzles with highly-customizable difficulty to keep things fresh.

The main menu options are simply separate sliders for Music and SFX, and Full-screen or Windowed.  Once you start the game, however, the options multiply.  These choices include:

• Normal or Challenge Mode
    • Puzzle shape (Traditional jigsaw, Mosaic or Arrow)
    • 5 Puzzle sizes (from 28 pieces up to 220 pieces)
    • Additional Options (Grid on/off, Picture in background slider, Center selected piece on cursor)

My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life 411091D41C12D56370C5746ABF56833558F0669F
    Whew!  As you can see, plenty of ways to keep things interesting and increase replayability.  But wait, there's more!  On the actual puzzle there are buttons at the top right to change things up even more.  From left to right: Change image zoom on the background, shuffle puzzle pieces, sound, restart level and exit.  There are a few other changes you can make, but I'll let you discover those on your own.

Puzzle pieces will snap into place when you drop them in the right place, and you can zoom in/out using the scroll wheel on your mouse.

Story:

After the protagonist's wife dies, he travels the land, desperately seeking a way to bring her back to life.  I have to say that I really loved having a story to tie all of the puzzles together.  Story segments are presented between levels, and can be just a line or two, or several paragraphs! The tale itself was both fascinating and a little macabre, and I'd love to see it fleshed out more.  It would make a great full-length novel or even VN.
    My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life 85A9A5E70C119ED8A53C68F8709ACF9A4581A7CF

Sights & Sounds:

The assorted music tracks felt very natural and were lovely to listen to.   I really enjoyed the artwork for the game.  It's dark but beautiful and eerie but hopeful all at the same time.  Completed puzzles will be added to your Gallery, and can be set as wallpapers.
    My Jigsaw Adventures 1: Roads of Life 6B54CB9C42B0C636E7EBB1E4D5395FE54C587F0A

Verdict:

If you play every level with 28-pieces and ignore the story, you can probably finish the game in about an hour... But what fun would that be?  There are 31 Steam Achievements.  and I happily completed them all.

This was a really enjoyable experience, and I definitely suggest checking it out... Providing that you like good art, an interesting story and jigsaw puzzles!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 am