Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Amelie's Cafe (TM)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Amelie's Cafe (TM) Empty Amelie's Cafe (TM)

Post by genkicoll Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:41 pm

Amelie's Cafe

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC
    Alawar for PC
    GameHouse

Amelie's Cafe (TM) 26404086-26404087-300x150

Amelie`s grandfather has taken a long-deserved vacation, and he left her in charge of his historic café. But the old site has fallen into disrepair, and it`s up to Amelie to bring it back to its former glory. Get ready for a large serving of excitement in this zany Time Management game that will leave you hungry for more! Help Amelie take charge of her granddad`s faltering business. Serve everything from solo burger orders to complex combo platters, then set up your powerup bar for a huge payoff!

• Non-stop fast-paced action!
    • A cast of lovable characters.
    • Bring the café back to life!

Click images to enlarge
    Amelie's Cafe (TM) Th_screen1 Amelie's Cafe (TM) Th_screen2 Amelie's Cafe (TM) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Amelie's Cafe (TM) Empty Re: Amelie's Cafe (TM)

Post by genkicoll Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Review from June 2, 2010

Amelie's Cafe (TM)

This is a time management game by Alawar. You start off with two modes: Career and Survival. I chose Career.

You start off serving pizza, fries and/or burgers to customers. Later you will get additional items to add to the menu. You can carry two orders at once, but you can still handle the multi-item orders.

Smile There is a kind remove-an-item-to-match-3 bonus area at the bottom that will give you extra money or clean off all of the cook tops for you, which is a nice touch.

:( You can only clean one cook top at a time, and have to keep going back and forth to the "brush" table. Exception would be when you get a "brush" bonus in the match-3 area.

Teens and those who enjoy TMs will enjoy this game.

December, 2011 update:

I've recently been playing Amelie's Cafe as part of a challenge to finish unplayed games. I kept going in and coming back out, having trouble with some levels and giving up...

I finally found that the secret to getting EXPERT on the levels is careful management of the matching bonus at the bottom of the screen. Without it, you can pretty much forget about even meeting GOAL!

The freeze bonus is especially helpful, as it gives you some much-needed time to get things done without angering the customers!

I'm actually getting more into the game now that I've realized how important those bonuses are, and actually enjoying the game, now. Smile

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:27 pm