Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen Empty Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:43 am

Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen
    by Five-BN Games - January, 2015

Series links: Lost Lands 1: Dark Overlord, Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen, Lost Lands 3: A Hidden Object Adventure (F2P), Lost Lands 4: The Golden Curse, Lost Lands 5: The Wanderer, Lost Lands 6: Ice Spell, Lost Lands 7: Mistakes of the Past

Available at:
    Alawar as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Steam as Collector's Edition

Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen Lost-lands-the-four-horsemen-ce_feature

After several centuries of peace, a terrible new evil threatens the Lost Lands! Rumors are spreading of four mysterious horsemen cutting a path of terror throughout the land. They burn villages, freeze the water, and bring darkness wherever they go. The horsemen are after a key that will allow them to control parallel worlds, and they'll stop at nothing to get it. As the champion of the Lost Lands, you're the only one brave enough to face them... but can you track them down and stop them in time? Find out in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

• Explore the story from a new angle in the bonus game
    • Collect morphing objects, trophies, and bonus puzzles
    • Wallpapers, concept art, soundtracks, and more!
    • A comprehensive Strategy Guide is included
    • Big Fish Blog Walkthrough

Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen Screen1
    Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen Screen2
    Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen Screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen Empty Re: Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen

Post by genkicoll Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen (IHOG)

There's a lot of info to go over, so for those who don't like to read, just skip to the last paragraph. Wink

Options include Custom Cursor, separate sliders for Music, Ambients and SFX, and - if you're using Steam - Cloud Syncs. 

There are three difficulty level pre-sets, but it is fully-customizable.  I started on Hard with the Hints and Skips disabled, but changed it about a third of the way in so that I could see where the collectibles are on the interactive map.

Collectibles - Find a "Beyond" (morphing) Object and a piece of the Magic Machine at each of the 35 locations.  There are NO collectibles in the zoom-in scenes or HOS - they're all found at map locations.

Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen is VERY heavy on the adventure gameplay - something which I enjoyed very much. The Hidden Object Scenes are HIGHLY-interactive.  I'd hesitate to even call them HOS.  There are items to find by silhouette, but you will use every one of them to find other items on your "list".  There are quite a few zoom-ins during these scenes, AND they include some mini-games, so you'll really have to work at if if you're planning on using no hints!

There are a ton of Puzzles, and most of them I was able to complete without touching the built-in Strategy Guide.  This is not to say that they are easy - they're refreshingly-different than we usually see in HO games - but they are do-able!

Fair warning for those who hate doing potions - there are more than a couple that you'll have to complete during the course of the game, but they had very clear instructions.

CE Bonus Content:

• Built-in Strategy Guide
    • Bonus Chapter
    • 20 Achievements - Like the first game, some of these are VERY hard to obtain!
    • 70 Collectibles (see above)
    • 32 Concept Art (can be saved to computer)
    • 8 Wallpapers
    • 18 Cutscenes
    • 8 Music tracks (can be saved to computer)
    • 21 Mini-games
    • 3 Puzzles (#2 has be be unlocked by getting ALL of the achievements! meh )
    • 20 Bonus Games (Pipe Puzzles, which have to be unlocked by finding all of the machine parts!)

Bonus Chapter:

I have mixed feelings about the Bonus Chapter.  On one hand I'm happy to see that we had a real ending of the main game, and the bonus is something we don't HAVE to see for a complete story, but on the other hand, there is some inappropriate content in there if you're playing with your kids.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

There are 15 locations in the bonus, many of them new.

The gameplay was just as good as in the main game, but I found the story to be kind of meh comparatively.

FAIR WARNING: I recommend reading the spoiler above if you're easily-offended.  There is nothing like this in the main game, so no worries there!  This bonus chapter can be skipped without losing much if you so choose.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

This is an adventure-heavy HOG with difficult achievements and a lot of content.  Although the main character is the same as in the first game, you don't have to play Dark Overlord first to understand this installment.  So far the series has been of the highest quality, and I highly recommend both of them.  I enjoyed this one even more than Dark Overlord, although that could be because I "let go" of having to have all of the achievements early on.

Fantastic game with gorgeous artwork, great SFX and Music, a really good story and better-than-average (for a HOG) voice-acting.  Highly recommended! Okay

Lost Lands 2: The Four Horsemen O9fj

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 pm