Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Miasmata

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Miasmata Empty Miasmata

Post by genkicoll Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:04 am

Miasmata
    by IonFX Studios - November, 2012

Available at:
    GamersGate
    GOG
    Steam

Miasmata Header

Miasmata is a first-person survival/adventure game, developed from the ground-up by brothers Joe and Bob Johnson. You play as Robert Hughes, a plague-stricken scientist on a journey to discover a cure. Your adventure begins on the shores of a remote and mysterious island. Long ago, the island was inhabited by a group of indigenous people, whose extant monuments still decorate the island landscape. The island is now home to a scientific research outpost and it is your hope to reunite with your colleagues working there. Unfortunately, you'll soon discover that something has gone terribly wrong.
    During your adventure, you will encounter a mysterious and deadly creature. This creature can stalk you for miles, lurking behind grasses and vegetative cover. By treading carefully and with stealth, you may be able to elude the creature. If you are careless, however, you will be forced to confront the creature head-on.

• Experience: An engine built from the ground up, featuring voxel-based volumetric clouds, advanced water reflection and refraction, volumetric light-shafts and atmospheric scattering simulations.
    • Explore: A lush and incredibly detailed natural world. The island landscape is covered by forests with lush canopies. The terrain surfaces are blanketed by tufts of moss and grass. The forest floors have thick undergrowth and are littered with fallen leaves, rotting logs, stumps and sticks.
    • Discover: Dozens of camps, outposts and ruins. Find maps, notes and clues that lead you on your adventure.
    • Survive: A deadly world. Discover plants and fungi and synthesize them into life-saving medicines. Find water and shelter to stave off fever, dehydration and exhaustion. Use stealth and cunning to escape the deadly creature.
    • Create: A map of the island using an innovative cartography mechanic. Use a true-to-life triangulation system to pinpoint your location on the island and construct a map of the its boundaries, contours and landmarks.

Miasmata Ss_d016c3c6578e03c88d86e40556b8597243055f3b.600x338
    Miasmata Ss_853cea7bfe48f6c45cad567bb0ab4a7a0766f573.600x338
    Miasmata Ss_5f3f18b525922f7f158da393733ac9506177d123.600x338

Miasmata O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Miasmata Empty Re: Miasmata

Post by genkicoll Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:06 am

marianne wrote:Miasmata is one of my all-time favorite games, it changes each time you play it, it is challenging and so beautiful.  The Island grows and I have never been able to develop the entire island, so I'll keep trying.

Thanks for the poke, Marianne!  I'd thought that I already had a topic for this!

Miasmata O9fj
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:04 pm

I only played it once,  the first time marianne and I played it simultaneously.   I really
    was immersed in it.    It was challenging,  but in a good way.
    I will have to replay this again sometime.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:32 am