Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Runaway Geisha

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Runaway Geisha Empty Runaway Geisha

Post by genkicoll Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:07 pm

Runaway Geisha
    by Custard Square - July, 2014

Available at:
    iWin as Gold Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition / Standard Edition

Runaway Geisha 202616

Enter this mysterious and stunning world as a young apprentice Geisha where you will face dark secrets, hidden enemies and the powerful love of two very different men. When tragedy strikes it is up to you to fight for what you love and choose your path. Whatever the outcome you select, a heart will be broken. Breath-taking art beautifully captures the life of the Geisha, the kimonos, the blossom gardens, lantern-lined streets and ornate grand theatres.

Please note: This game is not compatible with Windows XP.<-- This warning is not listed at GameHouse, so maybe it's fixed?

Features:
    -Beautiful art
    -Compelling story
    -Puzzles and mini games
    -Many hidden object scenes

Runaway Geisha Screen_1
    Runaway Geisha Screen_2
    Runaway Geisha Screen_3

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

Runaway Geisha O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Runaway Geisha Empty Re: Runaway Geisha

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:43 pm

I had a quick look at this. It has bugs and will probably not be playable without a fix, but it is a sweet little (no so little - 1.3G) game.

Set in Kyoto 1922, a young girl runs away to become a geisha. That's as far as I got. Nice, though, to have a new story.

It has a nice Japanese feel to it - music, background sounds and especially the art, which is exceptional, if you like that sort. The voices, while good, kind of spoilt the atmosphere unfortunately, because they were simply "too American". The slightest hint of Asian inflection and pronunciation would have completed the flavour.

There are standard puzzles, not difficult. And HOs that are very difficult. There is also a magical amulet, which is guiding you to your lost mother.

All a lot quirkier than this sounds.

It moved very slowly in the early stages.

I'd be interested in trialling it when the bugs are fixed, but it won't be for everyone.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 pm

oh. Developers are Custard Square.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm