Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Things you love that others hate?...

Critteranne
    Critteranne

Things you love that others hate?... Empty Things you love that others hate?...

Post by Critteranne Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:48 pm

I finally figured out how to find my kind of game. I started Googling "Bigfish" and "too many HOG scenes" (and its variants). When I found reviews complaining a game had too many HOG scenes, I downloaded the trial. Now I might have too many trials to play. Heck, I often look at negative reviews first. If they complain a game is too easy, I am more likely to give it a try because I suck. ;)

Are there things you love about games that other people hate? I know games with fairy tale settings get a lot of hate, but I think some of them are cool. And for all the hate aimed toward talking animal helpers, some people love them. (At least they can help me do stuff. Although sometimes I'd rather just start the game with a bag containing flashlight, screwdriver, cup of water, and a flame. ;))
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Things you love that others hate?... Empty Re: Things you love that others hate?...

Post by luvtoread Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:24 pm

You and dj  are HO lovers.      Me,   I am more an Adventure type gamer.  Although I am
    not alone in that.

I know I love morphing objects,  or trying to find the hidden objects in each scene.
    Like the clocks for Beyond the Unknown.    I was among the few who loved the fact
    that MCF:  Escape From Ravenhurst had MO instead of HO's.    I was in game playing
    heaven!
    Others complained. 

I do like animal helpers--to an extent.   Love Elf.   I just do not want to dress them up.
    I did feel sorry  for the racoon that had to do laundry in some game  (feeling sorry for
    an game animal... Snicker )

I know there have been games that have been given really bad reviews that we here
    at D & E  have loved.

Some of the fairy tale ones are pretty good,  especially if they have a twist to them.

The good thing about this forum,  even if someone   (cough...esme...cough)  does
    not like a game you do,    the rants are so funny  you just don't mind.   Two thumbs up
    Esme
    Esme

Things you love that others hate?... Empty Re: Things you love that others hate?...

Post by Esme Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:14 pm

I hope no one ever thinks that if I rant about a game or don't like it that I'm going to be snarky if they do like it. That's never my intention. I just like to have some fun with it all. 

That being said, I, too, loved all the morphing objects scenes in EfR. In fact, I liked the whole game, even the gross parts. Mama cracked me up! Few others seemed to like it, but I totally enjoyed its "over the top" aspects.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:10 pm

luvtoread wrote:
    The good thing about this forum,  even if someone   (cough...esme...cough)  does
    not like a game you do,    the rants are so funny  you just don't mind.   Two thumbs up

^^THIS^^.  Oh, yes, this. 

Also, the reviews here are so open it's easy to tell if the reasons someone didn't like a game will be reasons you might like it.

Kind of what you do, Critteranne, is how I find games.  I search for "big fish" and "game too hard" to find the ones I might like.  I can't stand the hand-holding in a lot of casual games.  Just because the game is casual doesn't mean the gamer is dumb.  Although I am learning that playing too many hand-holding games makes the brain go to mush.

Also, the first thing that came to mind when I read the title of the thread... Pimiento Cheese.  yummmmm.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Black licorice. YUMMMMM!
    Critteranne
    Critteranne

Post by Critteranne Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:19 am

luvtoread wrote:You and dj  are HO lovers.      Me,   I am more an Adventure type gamer.  Although I am
    not alone in that.

I know I love morphing objects,  or trying to find the hidden objects in each scene.
    Like the clocks for Beyond the Unknown.    I was among the few who loved the fact
    that MCF:  Escape From Ravenhurst had MO instead of HO's.    I was in game playing
    heaven!
    Others complained. 

I do like animal helpers--to an extent.   Love Elf.   I just do not want to dress them up.
    I did feel sorry  for the racoon that had to do laundry in some game  (feeling sorry for
    an game animal... Snicker )

I know there have been games that have been given really bad reviews that we here
    at D & E  have loved.

Some of the fairy tale ones are pretty good,  especially if they have a twist to them.

Oh poor racoon having to do laundry.  Big smile  I think I'd rather have nekkid racoons. Then I wouldn'thave to worry about what they were wearing.

I like a good snarky review. But I'm not crazy at all about short reviews that rant about something -- especially if they don't back it up with details. Like the one that said such-and-such was the worst game ever. It was voted down tons of times because that's all it said. Smile

It's like the book review I saw on Amazon yesterday that gave a one-star review to a book of poetry by Rumi and told people "DON'T BUY" because it was terrible with "poor wordings" and it was so bad that the reviewer threw it in the garbage. I have a feeling this reviewer thought she was getting typical love poetry and didn't realize she had purchased 13th century mystical Sufi poetry. But your guess is as good as mine because all she did was tell people not to buy the book, not to mention throwing a $15 book in the trash instead of giving it away to the library.
     Stars

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 am