Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

The Island Castaway 1 (Sim)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Island Castaway 1 (Sim) Empty The Island Castaway 1 (Sim)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:18 pm

The Island Castaway
    by Awem

Series links: The Island: Castaway 1, The Island: Castaway 2

Also available from:
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin

The Island Castaway 1 (Sim) The-island-castaway_feature

An ocean liner was caught in a storm and wrecked in the ocean.
    A group of people managed to escape on life boats to the nearest
    tropical island. Immediately after landing, mysterious things began to
    happen on the island! Survive the perils of the island as you find food,
    collect fruit, and grow vegetables in The Island: Castaway, a fun and exciting Strategy game.

• Unique gameplay
    • Exciting adventure
    • Can you survive a shipwreck?

Click images to enlarge
    The Island Castaway 1 (Sim) Th_screen1 The Island Castaway 1 (Sim) Th_screen2 The Island Castaway 1 (Sim) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Island Castaway 1 (Sim) Empty Re: The Island Castaway 1 (Sim)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 pm

The Island: Castaway (Build-a-tribe SIM)

Options include separate sliders for music and sound, plus Mute, Full-screen and Auto-save functions.

You can click through the dialogue/cut-scenes at your own pace (and indeed, you need to in order to progress!)

The game has voice-overs, and they seem to be well-done. I've had the sound turned down a bit, but I liked the music on the opening screen. I think it continues, but I'm not sure, as others are watching TV in here and it's hard to hear! lol~

This game actually reminds me of a Role-playing Game (RPG), in that you are given "quests" that you need to complete to move on with the game. 40 minutes into the game, these quests include things such as gathering fruit, getting sticks for a fire, building a tent, catching fish (meh), trapping crabs (fun!), making meals, etc. There are a lot of people to get to know, and the game makes it to-the-point and easy to remember.

Navigation is done by clicking where you want to go on the screen, or by clicking and holding down the mouse button until you get where you want to go. There is an overhead map, and characters are depicted by stars on the map. You can click on a character's star to tell the game you want to go there, but you can't just click an area on the map and run there - click a star or do it as described above.

Gathering supplies is easy - just run around and grab anything clickable!

Cooking is also easy. You don't have to remember the recipes, there's a tab for each recipe, and the ingredients you need to gather are listed. If it's red, you need more of whatever the recipe calls for (though it will tell you exact quantities needed and how much you need, the red makes it even more noticeable). Just go to the fire, select the recipe and click cook (or whatever it says). Voila, it's done!

The developers made it very easy to remember your tasks (quests), as you have a task list that you can access, and the characters' stars will change color : Yellow - They need to talk to you; Red - They've given you a quest you haven't completed yet; Green - They've given you a quest you've completed, and you need to go talk to them.

Easy to learn, easy to play, and I can see where this game could get very addictive. A must try for those who like this genre of game! :thumb:

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:32 pm