Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

My Exotic Farm

genkicoll
    genkicoll

My Exotic Farm Empty My Exotic Farm

Post by genkicoll Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 am

My Exotic Farm
    by ? - July, 2014

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

My Exotic Farm My-exotic-farm-2014_feature

Become the region's top farmer! Farm your land and develop the most beautiful farm around, full of savannah animals!

Get yourself organized so you can feed, clean and treat your new extended family. You'll be an expert in Giraffes, Lions and Crocodiles in no time. Develop your business and buy new equipment in My Exotic Farm!

• Complete numerous challenges!
    • Colorful graphics will change with the seasons
    • Take care of 50 different animals
    • Unlock bonuses, upgrades and buildings!

Click images to enlarge
    My Exotic Farm Th_screen1_My Exotic Farm Th_screen2_My Exotic Farm Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
    pippi
    pippi

My Exotic Farm Empty Re: My Exotic Farm

Post by pippi Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:39 pm

I wrote a mini-review of this in the Games thread, but I don't know how to copy or link posts.  I'm happy to have my comments put here.

EDIT to transfer mini-review:

I demoed this game - and lasted all of 28 minutes - thinking it might have tycoon aspects for my tycoon lovin' hubbs ... what exactly does one DO in this game?  I didn't get it.  Perhaps some people will enjoy continuously feeding, cleaning, etc a bunch of animals, but this was not a game that appealed to me.

You're given an empty dilapidated farm and an ostrich with the not-surprising goal of building a gloriously successful farm.  While the graphics are fresh, the game feels as if it is designed for a touch screen.  The mouse controls are unwieldy and awkward.  You must feed the animals and keep them clean, or they will run away. 

Each time you buy food, it gets more expensive to buy the next time (very uncool).  It is ridiculously hard to make any money in the beginning of the game.  There is a tutorial, but it is sadly lacking in explanation.

All in all, this is a sim game for folks who like to clean up after dirty animals.  ... It feels like a freemium game gone wrong, or (my perception of) something people would do on social media, or a game you'd play on a smart phone when you are bored out of your mind. 

I give it ZERO stars ... unless somebody comes along and explains to me what I missed.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:51 pm

All you had to do was copy and paste the info to a post here in this thread, pippi -- I've edited it into your post.

Thanks for the info -- I was thinking that my eldest would like the game, but upon reading your thoughts, I'm thinking we'll just stick with Zoo Tycoon 2!
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:34 pm

genkicoll wrote:All you had to do was copy and paste the info to a post here in this thread, pippi -- I've edited it into your post.

Thanks for the info -- I was thinking that my eldest would like the game, but upon reading your thoughts, I'm thinking we'll just stick with Zoo Tycoon 2!

Oh - I can do basic copy and paste - I thought there might be a forum feature that linked between them or something.  Got it.  Thanks!

Zoo Tycoon 2 is much better than this.  But you should check out the demo to see for yourself ... it is possible I missed a key component of the game... that would go a long way to explaining why it was so bad.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:39 pm

I don't go for these type of games, but I am getting a kick out of your reviews.  Big smile 
    Also, the Zebra's in the picture look like they are waiting for the grass to grow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 am