Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Panopticon: Path of Reflections

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Panopticon: Path of Reflections Empty Panopticon: Path of Reflections

Post by genkicoll Thu May 29, 2014 7:56 am

Panopticon: Path of Reflections
    by Alawar - May, 2014

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    iWin
    GameHouse

Panopticon: Path of Reflections Panopticon-path-of-reflections_feature

Enter a world in which the border between reality and illusion is paper thin and the answer to a mystery will test the limits of human understanding! Are you prepared for an adventure unlike any other?
    Enter a world in which the border between reality and illusion is paper thin and the answer to a mystery will test the limits of human understanding!

Guide Senior Inspector John Perry as he sets out to find magician Andy Fox and his assistant, who vanished into thin air while using a new machine during one of Perry's performances. Explore far off locations in which the unexpected is expected, scour alternate dimensions for clues and hidden objects, and employ your skills as a virtual sleuth to solve cunning puzzles. Along the way, you'll perform magic tricks, interact with the Great Houdini, and outsmart a scheming shop keeper!

The world of Panopticon is filled with twists and turn, and will keep you guessing until the truth is revealed in the final, stunning moment of the game. Are you prepared for an adventure unlike any other?

• Cleverly hidden objects
    • Cunningly designed puzzles
    • Visually stunning locations
    • Captivating storyline and a surprise ending!

Panopticon: Path of Reflections Panopticon-path-of-reflections-screenshot0
    Panopticon: Path of Reflections Panopticon-path-of-reflections-screenshot2
    Panopticon: Path of Reflections Panopticon-path-of-reflections-screenshot5

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Panopticon: Path of Reflections O9fj
    Frodo
    Frodo

Panopticon: Path of Reflections Empty Re: Panopticon: Path of Reflections

Post by Frodo Thu May 29, 2014 10:27 am

Love that peacock in the 3rd screenshot   Okay
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:55 am

Pleasant Enough, But Old Hat ***

BASED ON DEMO

IN BRIEF
    This is a nice enough game to play, worth a PCC I think, but it is nothing special. It opens in widescreen but is distorted, and I found, despite the black bars, that the aspect ratio correction improved the look of very pleasant but never stunning graphics. The voiceovers are very impressive. The music is delightfully soothing, unaccompanied piano pieces.

There is nothing new in this game. The story is that of the magician and his assistant disappearing into his latest contraption, never to be seen again. The machine transports us to another world, in which we find ourselves in the middle of a carnival, with the requisite circus, gypsy story teller and dwarf. Magician’s tricks are revealed. The disappearees continue to elude us. It seems that someone involved in the case has nefarious designs on our girlfriend, the assistant. The story is a little patchy, with strange connections popping up without due process, as one (if they were me in a legal frame of mind) might say.

The gameplay is standard HOPA of the earlier style. HOPs are word lists with a small amount of limited interaction. Some are visited twice. The puzzles are nothing new. Not difficult. Skip and hint are fast on the easier of two levels of difficulties. Hint is directional, and there is no map. The journal is useful, with information you will need recorded there. The adventure action is straight forward and fairly obvious.

Nothing at all to pull you in, yet I left the demo with only 8 minutes to go, so I was being entertained enough to keep going.

In a word, pleasant. But I do so wish to see an end to carnivals, gypsies, and their dwarves!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks for a wonderful review Justie   Hug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm