Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+5
djrum
Riddick
JustTheFacts
Frodo
genkicoll
9 posters

Hope Lake

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Hope Lake Empty Hope Lake

Post by genkicoll Wed May 21, 2014 7:49 am

Hope Lake
    by Mystery Tag - May, 2014

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Hope Lake Hope-lake_feature

The Hope Lake Boarding School was abandoned long ago when one of its teachers drowned by accident and the school was closed. Today, all of the girls who attended Hope Lake have gone missing. Who's taking these girls and was the teacher's death really an accident?

As a detective, you must investigate the strange events which took place on the shore of the lake and within the walls of the boarding school. Emily Lynch was the last girl to go missing – this isn't much of a lead, but something is better than nothing. Visit the abandoned and ill-boding boarding school to uncover the truth about these mysteries. Unraveling the intricacies of this difficult case is going to be hard work. Are you up for the challenge!

• 48 beautiful detailed locations
    • 18 hidden object scenes and 26 unique minigames
    • An interactive map to help your investigation
    • 6 hours of gameplay!

Click images to enlarge
    Hope Lake Th_screen1_Hope Lake Th_screen2_Hope Lake Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat May 24, 2014 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Frodo
    Frodo

Hope Lake Empty Re: Hope Lake

Post by Frodo Wed May 21, 2014 9:28 am

Looks wonderful.  This is getting added to my 'To Buy' list.   Big smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed May 21, 2014 10:03 am

I had a glitch in the first few minutes, or you'd have a review. But I liked what I saw - only bad thing was the music - it was absolutely awful. Turned it off for the first time ever.

Realistic HOP scenes. Decent graphics. More HOP than puzzle. Definitely dark.
    Riddick
    Riddick

Post by Riddick Wed May 21, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm going to demo it later tonight.
    It does look great.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed May 21, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm with you, JustTheFacts! The storyline looked very interesting, though the graphics were a little rough.
    But the music drove me batty!!
    sassylassie
    sassylassie

Hope Lake Empty Just remember in this game...

Post by sassylassie Fri May 23, 2014 3:45 am

Gosh Esme would have fun with this game.  I saw Esme hates bad grammar and I totally agree especially with all the spell checker programs out there.  But in the H0GS in this one you would have fun.  The call a wrench a key a key a wrench, and a feather duster a mop.  Also on the I.D. tag her name is Kelly Wells and in game they gave Kelly Wales.  Same with Grim Tales I think it was the family name was spelled 3 different ways, MacGray, McGrey, McGray.  Trust me, I totally understand where Esme is coming from. It's like  Huh?  They should know their games right?  But the game is awesome.  I am loving it and still playing it.  The story and side stories in the game are really interesting.  The type you want to see what happens next.  It does get H0G heavy the closer you get to the end.  But the graphics are done so darn well you just zip through them.  That old Texaco gas station at the beginning and that VW Bug and just the scenery look so lifelike.  They did do a good job on the game.  Have fun!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri May 23, 2014 5:46 am

Glad to see you around sassy! Just dropped by to say hi between dragon egg stealing raids!

This game glitched on me, a rarity, and I hope will get sorted, because for a relaxing atmospheric HOP game I thought it showed real promise. I forgot that I'd actually beta'd an earlier incarnation of this months ago. Until I got an email from the dev letting me know it was released.

It astounds me the way these games can be just a couple of people getting their heads and talents together and producing something that will be used and enjoyed all over the world! I love that about these games. Sure there are the big 3 Es and many other good developer companies, but the little fellas sometimes outdo even them!

Shoulda asked him to let me spell check though, huh?  Snicker  Wouldn't be the first time I made the offer!  Silly face 
    sassylassie
    sassylassie

Hope Lake Empty Hey Just my friend :)

Post by sassylassie Sat May 24, 2014 5:26 am

"Glad to see you around sassy! Just dropped by to say hi between dragon egg stealing raids!

This game glitched on me, a rarity, and I hope will get sorted, because for a relaxing atmospheric HOP game I thought it showed real promise. I forgot that I'd actually beta'd an earlier incarnation of this months ago. Until I got an email from the dev letting me know it was released.

It astounds me the way these games can be just a couple of people getting their heads and talents together and producing something that will be used and enjoyed all over the world! I love that about these games. Sure there are the big 3 Es and many other good developer companies, but the little fellas sometimes outdo even them!

Shoulda asked him to let me spell check though, huh?  Hope Lake 1524988580  Wouldn't be the first time I made the offer!  Hope Lake 3286387481 "

Well thank you thank you.  Happy bounce Sure why not Big smile   I am sure they would appreciate the help.  Well for a small team they did exceptionally well.  I truly enjoyed that game right down to the very end.  They couldn't have done that game any better.  And like you said, they did do it better then some of the bigger teams.  You wouldn't have known it the way the game played out.  And Kelly was such an awesome main character.  I loved the sense of humor they gave her.  I hope you get your glitch sorted.  They also have this game on I win as well.  But for some reason they're version wouldn't play for me.  Strange.  Btw I sent you a pm.  This lady on Big Fish was asking about you.  I sent the PM here.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat May 24, 2014 9:30 am

Did anyone notice who the developer is?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat May 24, 2014 9:30 am

Yes. It is Mystery Tag
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat May 24, 2014 10:08 am

sassylassie wrote:Gosh Esme would have fun with this game.  I saw Esme hates bad grammar and I totally agree especially with all the spell checker programs out there.  But in the H0GS in this one you would have fun.  The call a wrench a key a key a wrench, and a feather duster a mop.  Also on the I.D. tag her name is Kelly Wells and in game they gave Kelly Wales.  Same with Grim Tales I think it was the family name was spelled 3 different ways, MacGray, McGrey, McGray.  Trust me, I totally understand where Esme is coming from. It's like  Huh?  They should know their games right?  But the game is awesome.  I am loving it and still playing it.  The story and side stories in the game are really interesting.  The type you want to see what happens next.  It does get H0G heavy the closer you get to the end.  But the graphics are done so darn well you just zip through them.  That old Texaco gas station at the beginning and that VW Bug and just the scenery look so lifelike.  They did do a good job on the game.  Have fun!

Awww geez.... now I am totally intrigued.  What is wrong with me??? I want to play a game simply because it is flawed!

I have issues... and a coupon.... *tries to resist going shopping* La la la!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat May 24, 2014 11:39 am

I couldn't help but laugh when the bad guy drops a tree on the VW and the black bar
    says  "My car just broke down"    Belly laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat May 24, 2014 12:18 pm

I bought it. Well, used a coupon for it.

I am weak.  faints
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat May 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Mahaha, Emse Snicker

Thanks for the dev info, Justie!
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Sat May 24, 2014 8:26 pm

luvtoread wrote:I couldn't help but laugh when the bad guy drops a tree on the VW and the black bar
    says  "My car just broke down"    Belly laugh

LOL !!!!!!!  I saw the same thing and laughed hysterically.   Laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun May 25, 2014 9:07 am

So,   how many of us have this and are playing it?    I bought it today along with
    Tales from the
      Mountain 2.

I actually have a list this time.     Glad my budget is so flexible   (translation:  imaginary  Laugh )

Just wondering if this will be the place for esme's rants,   which means more enjoyment
    with our gameplay.    Two thumbs up
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun May 25, 2014 9:09 am

Will not get this till tomorrow punchcard day. When I play it? That's anyone's guess!  Laugh 
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun May 25, 2014 10:09 am

luvtoread wrote:

Just wondering if this will be the place for esme's rants,   which means more enjoyment
    with our gameplay.    Two thumbs up

You like me! You really like me!  Belly laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun May 25, 2014 10:12 am

Yup esme! Seems you have fan club!!

I know I'm a member  Elk grin 
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun May 25, 2014 2:50 pm

I know people get a kick out of my little rants.... it makes me feel bad when I actually like a game! LOL Snicker

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:47 pm