Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Samorost 1 and 2

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Samorost 1 and 2 Empty Samorost 1 and 2

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Samorost

Available at:
    Amanita (FREE)

Samorost 1 and 2 Samorost-a-pes

Samorost1 is short point-and-click adventure game. The goal is to help the little space gnome save his home asteroid from collision with another asteroid by solving diverse puzzles.

Samorost 2

Available at:
    Amanita
    Big Fish
    Steam

Samorost 1 and 2 Header

Samorost2, the sequel to free browser based game Samorost1 is a short point-and-click adventure in which you must help out a little space gnome as he searches for his dog, which has been taken away by aliens.

• Adventure full of surprising creatures and locations.
    • Beautiful ambient music by Tomas "Floex" Dvorak.
    • Relaxing and peaceful game with intuitive gameplay accesible even for non-experienced players of all ages.

Samorost 1 and 2 Ss_8322fe48cb7f3faa96f35bf4e2d74a4e434bea10.600x338
    Samorost 1 and 2 Ss_a052a0bcd177b1e2091166bec9c6c1e850c43186.600x338
    Samorost 1 and 2 Ss_448203d60a62bd35ce40ee157983a7c072121982.600x338

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Samorost 1 and 2 Empty Re: Samorost 1 and 2

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Samorost 1 is FREE, so go and give it a try! Big smile If you like it, then give #2 a try, too. Below are my comments on #2:

OK, Samorost 2 is definitely bizarre. First of all, you only get 15 minutes to demo it (at Big Fish), but that is all you'll need to see if you like it. It reminds me of Hamlet, but with better graphics. You MUST write down the level code if you want to continue where you left off, lest you have to start over at the beginning. This is your method to save (writing down the codes)

Spoiler:

I like it! I don't know how long it is, but it's a fun kind of weird

EDIT: Just finished the demo (without looking at the walkthrough, except for that one part), and I really like it. I actually am enjoying this much more than Hamlet, as the actions you take are much more logical. Looks to be short, but fun!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:14 pm

Samorost 2 (Point-and-click)

Samorost 1 is free-to-play at the developer's website, HERE, along with several other short adventures.

I really love games by Amanita, with Botanicula currently being by favorite.  They're quirky, they're cute, and they're fun to figure out.

The Samorost games contain my favorite character, the space gnome, but be aware that the first two are very short, and among the first created by the company.  (See the full rundown of release dates on Amanita's wiki HERE.)  The earliest titles were made to be browser-based flash games, which is why the Samorost 2 playing area takes up a smallish area of the screen (if you have your destop set at 1920x1080, anyway.)

The game will open up full-screen with a black background, but if you hit the Esc button, it will play windowed.  Gameplay itself consists of finding clickable areas, then figuring out the correct sequence -- and sometimes timing -- to allow you to progress.

There are seven levels to complete, and as you start each one, you will be given a level code so that you can return to that area if you need to turn off the game, or just feel like revisiting.  You can find the walkthrough HERE, and the level codes are the first thing you'll see, so no worries if you don't want spoilers. Wink

In closing, Samorost 2 is a short, fun romp through one of Amanita's earliest games.  I personally would not pay full price for the game unless I was buying directly from the developers in order to support them, and recommend getting it on sale.  Definitely looking forward to Samorost 3!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:24 am