Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG)

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG) Empty The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:56 am

The Otherside: Realm of Eons
    by Xitex Software - 2009

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG) Feat_2

After receiving an anonymous package containing a strange book, Miranda finds herself inadvertently drawn into the fantastic world of The Otherside: Realm of Eons. With the guidance of the mischievous Jovie, a possessed teddy bear, she must travel back and forth between worlds and help to unravel the mystery of a brother and sister torn apart! Help Miranda to solve the many riddles that lay within this Hidden Object game!

• Fantastic locations
    • Fun and challenging minigames
    • Save The Otherside!
    • Walkthrough  (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG) Th_screen1_The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG) Th_screen2_The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG) Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG) Empty Re: The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:58 am

Like It? Let Me Count The Ways

(From December 7, 2011)

This game seems to have slipped under the radar, yet it is one of the best games of its type that I’ve seen. Bear with me while I list just a few of the reasons I am so impressed.

1. Clearly designed to appeal to young players, it is bright and colourful, has wonderfully imaginative graphics, and straightforward gameplay. I’m a grownup, but I really enjoyed the visuals. And I loved the bear.

2. It offers lots of variety. In one scene, you are required to find a number of listed objects, followed by a number of pictured objects, followed by 15 of one item, and probably a simple puzzle or two, all in scenes within the scene.

3. Each of these objectives is clearly stated, active areas within the scene are highlighted, and all hold together with the simple but interesting story.

4. The simple and somewhat ‘childish’ dialogue nevertheless keeps everything clear and can be skipped if you want.

5. The story took a while to get me in, but when you find yourself feeling the need to hurry because the bear’s in trouble, you know you’re hooked.

This is a refreshingly different HO game, suitable for 8-80 yr olds. Worth a trial.

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks for the refresher, Justie!  It's been a lonnng time since I tried this one!

The Otherside: Realm of Eons (HOG) O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 am

Big smile Yes, well, when I wrote that was I think the last time I played it lol  Smile 

Came across it - am doing some electronic junk dumping!
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:14 pm

I bought this game on a whim from BF ... maybe to use an expiring PCC?  Anyway, I really, really enjoyed it.  So much that I think with this reminder I am going to play it again.   Big smile 

Therefore, I'll add my voice to the Recommend This Game vote!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:44 am

It is a neat little game isn't it?At first I thought it was going to be too childlike for me, but it wasn't, turns out I'm younger at heart than I thought! Big smile 

Enjoy for both of us! I never bought the game, I played it with GamePass, way back when...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:24 pm