Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern

Esme
    Esme

Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern Empty Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern

Post by Esme Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:10 pm

I just finished this book on the recommendation of a student actually. Here's the official blurb:

Like The Lovely Bones and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Cammie McGovern’s breakout novel is at once a hypnotic thriller and an affecting portrait of people as real as our next-door neighbors. In Eye Contact, two children vanish in the woods behind their elementary school. Hours later, nine-year-old Adam is found alive, the sole witness to his playmate’s murder. But because Adam has autism, he is a silent witness. Only his mother, Cara, can help decode his behavior for the police. As the suspense ratchets, Eye Contact becomes a heart-stopping exploration of the bond between a mother and a very special child.

I was fascinated with this book. I had previously read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, but didn't love it. This book seemed more approachable and the best parts for me were the interactions between Adam, the Autistic boy, and Cara, his mother. They mystery wound a bit out of control near the end, but overall, it was an enjoyable read with the best parts being the developing and devolving relationships among the different characters. 

Here's a link for more information.
    Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern

I'd love to hear from some of you if you've read it. I know this is a topic that's near and dear to many.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern Empty Re: Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Ohh, that IS interesting!  I don't have time to read right now (woe is me! Cry  ) but once things calm down for me (after the move in June, I'm guessing) I'll definitely check this out... literally! Snicker
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:33 pm

I thought it might intrigue you! 

It was a decent little mystery. I enjoyed it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:36 am