Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past Empty Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Reincarnations Uncover the Past
    by: Vogat Interactive

Series links: Reincarnations 1: Awakening, Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past, Reincarnations 3: Back to Reality

Available from:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin - Standard Edition for PC

Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past Reincarnations-uncover-the-past_feature

Jane and Dr. Herzle have made a major breakthrough in reincarnation studies, but their hard work is compromised when Jane is kidnapped! Help her explore past lives as she tries to save her own life in the present in Reincarnations: Uncover the Past. Use your Hidden Object talents to take on the evil kidnappers and discover valuable clues.

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus reincarnation story
    • Built-in Strategy Guide
    • Superb screensavers
    • Wonderful wallpaper
    • Concept art

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past Th_screen1 Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past Th_screen2 Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past Empty Re: Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past (Adventure/IHOG)
    Review from October 30, 2010

Standard Edition

Options include full-screen and wide-screen, custom cursor and separate sliders for music, ambience and environment (sound effects). At the beginning of the game, you can choose Easy or Hard play, and the game clearly explains what each element entails.

There is a task list to help you keep track of what you're supposed to be doing, but no journal this time.

HINTS are refillable and mini-games are SKIPPABLE.

Jane, our heroine-journalist of the first Reincarnations game is back, but this time she's fighting for her life and for her freedom. The opening scene took me aback, the unexpected circumstances simultaneously horrifying and sucking me into the storyline.

Again we are exploring past lives, but for an entirely different reason.

The graphics are stunning, and while the first game had only light interaction, this game takes it a step further, seamlessly blending adventure and interactive hidden object game into a cohesive whole. I was taken in immediately, and was ready to buy after eight minutes.

The music during gameplay was understated, but dramatic, setting the tone for the game and not distracting from it.

My only gripe for Uncover the Past is that the sparklies on Easy mode are toooo in-your-face and frequent. Easy enough to change, I'll just start a new profile!

I absolutely recommend this game. If you love adventure and you love IHOG's, this is definitely a game to check out! Reincarnations 2: Uncover the Past 355979739

(update on finished game in the next post)

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 pm

I finally finished the game today, after starting over from scratch (my demo/review in the last post were written LONG ago), and taking about a week to finish. No, the game isn't that long, it's just that I was only playing during free time at work (ie. when I didn't have plans during lunch time Wink)

So, there are only two "regressions" during the game. The first (and my favorite) takes place in your brother's puppet theater. LOVE the graphics and gameplay during this segment. The screenshots you see at Big Fish were taken during this part of the game. The second takes place in Italy during the Renaissance, and while it was quite lovely, it's just not my general area of interest.

After these two lives, you are back in the present and have to deal with the situation at hand. That makes three distinctly different areas to traverse during gameplay. The present seemed rather short, but the regressions were a nice length.

Overall, I think the game was worth buying, if only for the puppet theater! I definitely enjoyed it, and recommend it to any IHOG-lover Big smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm