Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment Empty Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment
    by FreshGames

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse Premium Edition /

Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment Ranch-rush-2-saras-island-experiment_feature

Sara is back in a brand-new exotic adventure! Along with her new friend, Coco, Sara encounters plenty of surprises, and maybe even a villain along the way, as you help her harvest produce. Travel to the ocean for some exciting fishing as you collect gold coins to help decorate your farm. Will spunky upgrades be enough to help Sara successfully launch her new tropical farming division? Find out in the highly anticipated Time Management game, Ranch Rush 2.

• Fast-paced gameplay
    • Wonderful tropical atmosphere
    • Help Sara's exotic ranch!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus Freeplay mode
    • Exclusive trophies to unlock
    • Special titles to discover
    • A unique Easter Egg to find

Click images to enlarge
    Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment Th_screen1 Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment Th_screen2 Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment Empty Re: Ranch Rush 2: Sara's Island Experiment

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Ranch Rush 2 - Sara's Island Experiment

You start off with two difficulty options: Casual or Expert. The "Freeplay" option is only available in the Collector's Edition of this game. I chose Casual.

Sara's been too busy being famous to actually get her hands in the dirt for quite a while. She's gone on an island vacation, but of course, all that tropical vegetation is just too tempting to miss, so she buys some land on the spot and starts growin'.

Easy to learn, you can "stack" instructions - ie. click on the crates three times to pick up three, then click on three of the plant beds while you're still waiting for her to get the crates. You have to watch to make sure that your crops stay watered, lest you have to replant. There is also a monkey who will help you to obtain coconuts... as long as you bribe him with bananas Snicker

The game starts off kind of slow, but things really get hopping once you get the goat. You'll have to gather the produce, bribe the monkey, collect crabs from the beach, water the garden plots and watch the goat steal your flowers and sneak into her pen to steal her milk while she's not looking. Starting at week three you get a juicer, too.

Sara likes to go fishing on Sundays, so off she goes. The mini-fishing game is actually my favorite part of the game :Big smile: It's your usual sit-in-a-boat-and-cast-to-catch-fish game, but there are multiple-sized fish. Once you catch so-many small fish, you earn a new lure and can catch bigger fish, etc. Something else different is that once the fish breaks the water at the surface, you have to catch it in your boat. You might get a treasure chest bonus, too, always a plus, but watch out for the sting rays! They'll give Sara a shock!

There are nine weeks to the game, and I finished week 2 with seven minutes to spare of my demo, so it's a decent length.

The graphics are nice, and the music has a nice, tropical feel to it - about what you'd expect for this type of game. Sara's text dialog is also spoken, which is a nice touch.

I think Time Management fans will enjoy this game, especially if they liked the first Ranch Rush :thumb:

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:49 pm