Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Rachel's Retreat (TM)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Rachel's Retreat (TM) Empty Rachel's Retreat (TM)

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Rachel's Retreat

Available at:
    Big Fish
    Iwin
    GameHouse

Rachel's Retreat (TM) Rachels-retreat_feature

Released at Big Fish on September 3, 2010
    Rachel is having trouble finding a fantastic spa experience, but when
    she finds an old spa that she can make her own, nothing can stop her!
    Join her as she builds the perfect dream getaway spa destination. Offer
    fun activities for beauty and relaxation in Rachel’s Retreat!
    Help your clients reach nirvana in a tropical atmosphere as you pamper
    and spoil them in this fast-paced and exciting Time Management game!

Please note: Rachel’s Retreat requires a 128 MB Video Card to run properly.

Click images to enlarge
    Rachel's Retreat (TM) Th_screen1 Rachel's Retreat (TM) Th_screen2 Rachel's Retreat (TM) Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Rachel's Retreat (TM) Empty Re: Rachel's Retreat (TM)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Rachel's Retreat (TM)

Rachel can't seem to find rest and enlightenment anywhere, so she starts her own retreat. With the help of Sven Gali, her new mentor, create a relaxing environment for all.

Options include a separate slider for music and sound, and there is a full-screen option, as well.

The first time or two you enter the game, it takes a long time to load, but subsequent entries into the game go faster. The game itself played just fine for me, with no lagging or problems to be seen.

The game is intuitive and easy to learn, and doesn't really have any difficulty until level 5, where you have new stations and you "grow crystals" (crystals randomly grow on the scene, but you have to click on them before they get too big, or they explode).

Stations include mud bath, aromatherapy/massage, hot stones, hot tub, etc. They can be upgraded for multi-seating in some cases, and for the single-person stations, you can always hire an assistant (assuming you have the money Wink)

Between every level is a skippable mini-game where you seat guests to achieve maximum "Nirvana". The mini is played like the online game, RSVP, if you're familiar with it - Place guests next to their desired companion. It starts off very easy, but you only have two character-types to work with. I'm sure it gets much more difficult as more personalities show up at your retreat.

The game is worth a demo if you like Time Management games. I'd say that this starts out as an easy game, but I can see it getting difficult as you progress. Smile

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 am