Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Salawander (Arcade/Platformer)

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Salawander (Arcade/Platformer) Empty Salawander (Arcade/Platformer)

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Salawander
    by Oddity - January, 2014

Available at:
    Big Fish

Salawander (Arcade/Platformer) Salawander_feature

Welcome to the world of Salawander! Sala the salamander is on a quest to find the delicious bubble cake! Guide Sala through each surreal stage, collect jellyfish and exchange them for adorable hats! Be careful not to burst Sala's bubble though as you dodge and weave your way past bumble cats and other foes!

• The cutest salamander you'll ever see
    • Customize Sala with hats and headwear
    • 36 exciting stages across 4 locations
    • Unlockable racing mini-game

Click images to enlarge
    Salawander (Arcade/Platformer) Th_screen1_Salawander (Arcade/Platformer) Th_screen2_Salawander (Arcade/Platformer) Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Salawander (Arcade/Platformer) Empty Re: Salawander (Arcade/Platformer)

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Nom, Bubble Cake!***

BASED ON DEMO

Never tried bubble cake? Then you obviously haven’t played this funny little platformer. Now, there’s only one kind of game I play worse than time management games and that’s platformers, but I did enjoy this one in the brief time I managed to stay in the game.

You are given the choice to play in different definitions, or in windowed mode, and I found windowed the most comfortable. The graphics are cartoony and pretty, not much on detail, the music is a little childish too, but then so is the game. Salawanda is a cute salamander traversing the bottom of the pond (?) she is in. She encounters nasty bumblebees and nice frogs and eats all the jellyfish and bubble cake she can find. Staying alive is tough, though, because there are so many obstacles to get around, and later there are bully bubbles!

And swimming is a bit of a hit and miss kind of thing. Your cursor moves Salawanda, but sluggishly, as she swims through the water, only speeding up after some time, and turning in response slowly and erratically.

Salawanda must get all 6 of the jellyfish to score points with which to buy cute hats (choice of 3 only in the first stage, don’t know if there’s more later). Top scores are recorded, from 0% to 100%. I managed to get through the first 10 levels, to finish the Mellow Garden, in 30 minutes of concentrated play, scoring only 40-50% each level. Two levels later, I ground to a halt unable to pass 4 mean bumblebees. I don’t know how many stages there are to the game.

This is not an easy platformer, but it is cute and light-hearted, and simple to grasp. It has the advantage of being a non-verbal game, so it can be played by anyone.

As a time gobbler, it’s a beauty.

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:34 pm

lol~ And here I thought I was the only one who liked platformers!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:40 pm

I hate 'em! But this is a cute one and I think many will like it! I try to be unbiased.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:43 pm