Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

5 posters

HAPPY New Year!!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

HAPPY New Year!! Empty HAPPY New Year!!

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:15 pm

You may be thinking, "Wait, it's not New Year's yet...  Dunno ," but remember, our friends overseas are a day ahead of us!

I'm wishing every one of you -- whether you be lurker, passerby, or posting member -- a very happy and prosperous 2014! 
    HAPPY New Year!! Happy_10
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

HAPPY New Year!! Empty Re: HAPPY New Year!!

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:25 am

Yup! And it is already 4pm NYE (just turned 31/12 in Seattle), and aussies are packing it in for the day and getting ready to party! It's very hot and humid - the ants tell me there's a storm brewing - and that makes it perfect weather for hitting the booze and the bbq. Drinking buddy 

I don't normally drink, because it messes with the meds, but NYE is the exception. Although I will be spending the night quietly at home with the cats and the pc, I will have a glass, and spend the rest of the week emptying the bottle, one glass at a time (i.e. per day!).  Party 

There being no HNY smilies, let's go with this!

Yahoo!  Welcome!  2014 Yahoo! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR GGs!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:27 am

Any suggestions for a good game to play while not entirely sober? Big smile 
    _DD_
    _DD_

Post by _DD_ Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:35 am

HAPPY New Year!! Happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4 to everyone at GGG!  Two thumbs up
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:45 am

HNYHappy New Year  Thanks for the extra smilies!! HNY 
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:57 am

Happy New Year to everyone ~ May it be a healthy, happy and prosperous one!!!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:09 am

Thanks RMom.

2 hours to go here, and I've just opened up this year's bubbly. " A crisp, fresh chardonnay pinot noir with hints of citrus". Yeah right! Rolling Eyes But my sis who works in the wine industry and drinks far too of her own product in my opinion, would be able to tell whether this ad was true!

To me, it's champers.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:22 am

Wishing everyone a safe & sound........  HNY ........!!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:46 am

What was the world of Genkidom like in the year 2013?

• I turned the big four-oh.  My gray hairs must've had an orgy to celebrate, as they have multiplied to the "can't miss 'em, you're really gettin' gray" stage!
    • A pair of white, domesticated bunnies took up residence in my neighborhood, and can often be seen hanging out in or near my yard.  choco bunny  (No, not THAT kind of bunny!)
    • Healthwise, I had good days and bad days... but THIS year, the good days outnumbered the bad!  Happy bounce Yahoo!
    • My brother and his family moved to Japan -- they'll move back in three years.
    • My sister earned yet another degree (this one in oriental medicine) and finally decided to take a break from school for a while.  We'll see how long that lasts! Snicker
    • My other brother got experimental in the kitchen... and created some fabulous fudges, including toffee, mint, amaretto, white chocolate-lemon, white chocolate raspberry-lemon, and white chocolate-cinnamon (SO GOOOOD *drool*)
    • Genki's Game Gab celebrated its second anniversary! ...three days ago!  Whee~!  Happy Birthday

Wonder what 2014 will bring?  Hopefully the hares won't be as prolific as my gray hairs! Belly laugh

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:59 am

I had a satisfying year in 2013, because I finally found something productive to do, even if the pay stinks - yup, writing game reviews, which I took up in February, after much nagging from my psych that I must write!

It really is wonderful feeling useful again, after 2 prior years of bad health and worse motivation.

And I've come out of my shell a bit lately, first talking to people very occasionally on bfg forums and now here. Which my psych also insists is therapeutic.

My family (the human ones) continued to live in different states of Australia each. And kept in very sporadic contact, so don't really know what they're up to.

I lost my boy Bobo (cat), almost 15 years old, and that was about the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. But my other cats are all young active and healthy - and safe! At long last.

2014?
    Looking forward to completing my reviews for the games I own and rewriting where applicable. And to getting into those adventure games, after such a long absence.

Also am awaiting the arrival of my 1st shipment of e-cigarettes, hoping that I will be able to satisfy my addiction with them. They still give me my nicotine but they cost almost nothing, and they seriously reduce the other side-effects and annoyances of smoking.

Hope you are all looking to great things this year too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm