Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother Empty Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Mystic Diary: Lost Brother
    by Sun Ray Games

Series links:  Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother, Mystic Diary 2: Haunted Island, Mystic Diary 3: Missing Pages

Available:  
    Big Fish for PC and Mac

Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother Mystic-diary-lost-brother_140x140

In Mystic Diary: Lost Brother,  you take on the role of a Victorian-era magician on a noble quest to find his lost brother. Travel throughout the world using the magical  pages of the Mystic Diary to unlock the mystery behind your brother`s  sudden disappearance. Find hidden objects and solve fun mini puzzles in this one-of-a-kind Adventure game. Save your brother and become a master  of the Mystic Diary!

Click images to enlarge
    Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother Th_screen1_Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother Th_screen2_Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother Empty Re: Mystic Diary 1: Lost Brother

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:56 pm

Developer: Sunray Games

Nice Old Game

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

This is an old game, and so it has the graphics and gameplay of its time, and cannot be compared with modern games. But it definitely is interesting and quite comfortable to play.

The graphics are grainy and fuzzy, and it does make it harder to find items. There is also the distortion which comes from playing it on a widescreen. You can adjust this (presumably to a window form) but it requires a restart. Too much bother for me to do it. Other than these age factors, the images are quite nice, colourful in some more than others, many different locations with entirely different worlds.

The music was what I can only describe as sweet. There was what, I dunno, innocence about it? Whatever, it sounded good, and was accompanied by a variety of ambient sounds.

There are 3 types of HOPs to play. Each location has 2 HOP scenes where silhouettes of the items are given. They each also have a word list (no interaction, developed 2009 remember), and the items can be found anywhere in the site. Some chapters also have a multiple items search as well. Some items can be combined in inventory.

Puzzles are rare and easy. Because the game is played in discreet units, the hint system points to what you’ve missed within that location. The Mystic Diary is helpful as well. No need for a map. You also have a magic magnifier which shows the magic siguls in the air (a simple cover-the-image mini-game).

I’m not going to rave about this game. It is pretty basic. But not without its charm. And it might just make it as a dreamy afternoon kind of game.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 pm