Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Big Fish Star Reviews Main Page

Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Big Fish Star Reviews Main Page Empty Big Fish Star Reviews Main Page

Post by Sportygal2009 Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:44 am

Is there a glitch in my computer or has Big Fish changed the star reviews on the main page default setting from most helpful to highest rating first now?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Big Fish Star Reviews Main Page Empty Re: Big Fish Star Reviews Main Page

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:30 am

Ha! You're right! I guess now everyone will be rating everything at 5 stars to get into the lead. Oh well, the "most helpful" had become a foul joke anyway... maybe this will take some of the edge off.
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:45 am

Oh there's no edge here. It was just an observation. Looks like they are looking for all 5 star reviews. As we all know it wasn't set up to help people find games but to increase sales. I can't say I blame them as that's what they are in business to do. Make money.  If it was a true rating system though all those 4 and 5 star reviews would be on completed game. You are right it is a joke though. Instead of "helpful" or "unhelpful" it should read "Was this review written by your pond friend? Most important does it agree with your opinion?" If not mark it unhelpful. Then some people would purposely mark "unhelpful" just to keep themselves on the front page. Well I guess if they want to stay on the front page they better start doing all 5 star reviews.

Belly laugh
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:06 am

I haven't played at Gamehouse for over 2 years but was just curious if they have their reviews set up this way as well. They don't. It now goes by the newest review first. The default is set to you can sort them!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:38 am