Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Save The Prince

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Save The Prince Empty Save The Prince

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:59 am

Save the Prince
    by Maximize Games - November, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Save The Prince Save-the-prince_feature

An evil sorcerer has cursed everyone in the castle, turning them into stone. Now, with the help of a materialistic dwarf, you must aid the young maiden Giselle in freeing her beloved prince! Can you rescue those held captive and Save The Prince from the evil curse? Find out in Save The Prince, a colorful and adventurous Time Management game!

• 45 challenging levels
    • Defeat enemies and save the prince
    • Diverse spells and adversaries
    • 5 stunning locations

Click images to enlarge
    Save The Prince Th_screen1_Save The Prince Th_screen2_Save The Prince Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Save The Prince Empty Re: Save The Prince

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:01 am

You’ve Got A Crush On The Prince!

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    There is nothing outstanding or unique to make this game special. It is a classic time/resource management game. The graphics are nicely done, with a very light hand, which does look nice, and very bright. There’s nothing noteworthy in the soundtrack either. But the game plays smoothly and is quite fun.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    I do think there is too much story/narrator voiceover in the early stages of the game. The narrator speaks in very ironic tones, indicating that the story is not to be taken too seriously. Which just as well, because our character is a silly little chit who has a crush on the prince, who practically doesn’t know she’s alive. Still, love is so often the spur that leads to acts of bravery and honour!

A nasty prince (not your one) has decided he wants to marry you after catching a glimpse of you from afar, thinking you are a princess. When he finds out that you are just a servant girl, he starts waving his magic wand and cursing everyone. Now it is up to you to rescue your love. It’s kinda different, and I like that.

The problem I’m having is trying to figure out how you, a servant girl, can order the men in your kingdom to do anything. Suddenly we can muster armies? The story and the gameplay don’t seem to be connected in any way.

MAKING PROGRESS
    Anyway, the helpful guys of the kingdom go about doing what all building games are about. Follow a set of goals for each level, within a certain time. Mine, farm, saw, use magic, in every way you can to get it done on time.

Or opt for the relaxed mode and take as long as you like. You will still get graded on performance with stars and achievements. The days and nights continue to progress too, which is an important part of the early levels. Another important feature is the ability to queue jobs up, giving yourself a chance to work faster.

THE BOTTOM LINE
    I am a long way short of expert with this sort of game, but I have played enough now to see that this game, while alright, is not in the same league as a Northern Tales or Royal Envoy.

I think it will appeal to those who love this genre and are always looking for another game to add to their collection. It’s pretty easy from what I saw, so maybe beginners might like it too.

I Am Undecided About This Game!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:36 am

Thank you for reviewing this, Justie! I sometimes love these TM games, sometimes not.  Silly face
    Did you by any chance catch the dev's name?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:40 am

Always. It is my first note on all demos. (My personal archives have more info on them than the reviews I publish - I stopped publishing dev's because I got sick of trying to guess which ones I would be allowed to say!)

This dev is called Maximize Games. I think I've come across one or two of their games before, but I don't remember.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:00 am

Thanks!  I love TM's sometimes, just haven't played any but Emily lately.

Other games by Maximize:

• 2 Tasty
    • 2 Tasty Too: L'amour à Paris
    • Burger Battle
    • Silent Scream: The Dancer
    • Silent Scream II: The Bride
    • The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy
    • Pet Playground
    • Push the Box
    (from the Developed by / Published by list Wink)
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 am

Oops, so you did.  Embarrassed  Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:33 am