Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG) Empty Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG)

Post by genkicoll Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Letters From Nowhere 2
    by Awem -2011

Series links Letters From Nowhere 1, Letters From Nowhere 2
    or get both games in a bundle -- check HERE for details

Available at:
    Awem
    Alawar
    Big Fish for PC / Mac
    GameHouse
    iWin

Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG) Letters-from-nowhere-2_feature
    After collecting all the letters with the help of the dead postman spirit, Audrey believes that they will lead her to the missing husband. The last letter, however, sends her to a sleepy town on a new mysterious adventure. In Letters from Nowhere 2, she discovers that Patrick is a descendant of a cursed family and is doomed to death! Scour Hidden Object scenes to look for pieces of the secret diary pages, scattered all over the town. Confront the evil and save Patrick!

• Confront the evil holding a husband captive in this chilling Hidden Object sequel.
    • Explore the creepy town of Nowhere including a sinister mansion and a cold dungeon.
    • Use four special power-ups to help find items and clues.
    • Challenge a variety of puzzling mini-games and unlock two separate play modes.
    • Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG) Th_screen1_Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG) Th_screen2_Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG) Empty Re: Letters From Nowhere 2 (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Excellent Sequel To An Extraordinary HOG      
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This game is a literal sequel to the first Letters From Nowhere, in that the first game left us with a cliff hanger, which is continued here. We are given only a skeleton of a backstory, but the story is of no real importance to the game, so you don’t miss much if you haven’t played the other.

This is a pure HOG, not a HOPA and has only HOPs and other simple puzzles. The gameplay is different from other games, but the same as the first game.

*Each episode consists of a number of HO scenes, and you get a list of 12 items to find in each.
    *There is also one puzzle per episode, which can turn up anywhere in one of the HO scenes.
    *Each location also has 3 stamps to find and a black cat. These unlock unlimited HOs and puzzles from the game.
    *There are also points and achievements to get.
    *There are a total of 32 scenes, each visited 3 times, but they don’t get boring.

There are also bonus items we can ‘buy’ (with points) to help. After buying them, they will be added to the HO scene, but we will still have to find them to use them.

*Thermometer -  indicates “hot  spots” in the scene for a short time.
    *Surprise – a mystery bonus, e.g. 10 000 bonus points.
    *Camera – a brief flash of the scene with all the remaining items highlighted.
    *Palette – the list is transformed into a series of pictures of the remaining items.

The graphics quality is very good, and the animations are nicely done. This game is a bit darker than the first, with a lot more creepiness and black magic.  I like the music and the voiceovers of the characters is good.

This is a very good HOG. If you don’t go into it expecting a HOPA, it is a very good game indeed.

I Recommend This Game!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:31 am

I just love these straight hidden object games by AWEM. I think they are so well-done!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:18 pm

I agree, they are such top quality games, without the hoopla maybe, but the cream of the crop for straight HOGs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:26 am