Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

The Happy Hereafter (SIM)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Happy Hereafter (SIM) Empty The Happy Hereafter (SIM)

Post by genkicoll Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 am

The Happy Hereafter
    by Alawar / Mirball Games - October, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    GamersGate
    iWin

The Happy Hereafter (SIM) 202319

Create a little slice of Heaven in the underworld and guide the newly dead in building a happy afterlife for themselves and their fellow lost souls. This world will blow your mind and make you chuckle with an array of zany characters and unique missions.

Explore the weird and wonderful landscapes. Unlock cleverly hidden secrets, and complete a slew of challenging tasks and assignments. More newly dead souls are arriving all the time and each has unique demands. Help them settle in to their eternal destination. Put them to work building houses, harvesting resources, and earning money.

• Explore the weird and wonderful landscapes of the underworld.
    • Accomplish over 100 missions.
    • Meet and manage a myriad of wacky characters.
    • Enjoy comic book style story scenes.

Click images to enlarge
    The Happy Hereafter (SIM) Th_screen1_The Happy Hereafter (SIM) Th_screen2_The Happy Hereafter (SIM) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 am; edited 4 times in total
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

The Happy Hereafter (SIM) Empty Re: The Happy Hereafter (SIM)

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Aw, this looks kinda cute! If it comes to BF I might use a PCC on it.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 pm

I am SO getting this -- it's just a question of when.  Black Kitty
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Have you demo'd this, Genki?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Not yet, but hopefully soon!  From what I've read, it's like a Halloween-ville Jack  version of The Promised Land.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:48 am

Funny Little Build Game      
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

Charming and different, this game is such an odd little one, it is hard to know where to start with it. The very premise of the game is cute. Nice little zombies just waiting to worship you as their God, and a new nirvana to create.

Well, it is a build game, one where you get your workers to achieve your goals, trying to keep them all busy and get the resources you need. In this way it is no different than the dozens of build games out there. With this one, though, you must also keep your workers happy, which seems to mean keeping the food up. Sounds like me. *grin*

There are lots of funny-looking zombies to meet and to help, artifacts to find, territory to explore and quests to complete. You have an assistant who tells you what others want of you and arrows indicating where your destination is. So there is plenty of hand holding in the beginning if you want it. It was almost more than I could stand, and I like help in these sort of games. Presumably that will not go on forever.

The nice thing about this game, too, is that there are no time limits or points to achieve to stress you out. You can explore and build and develop and acquire resources at your own pace.

The game looks good, its graphics are cartoony and funny, and the lands are imaginative. The music strikes me as perfect for this game, upbeat and a little shambolic.

So, if you like a giggle in your game, you might do far worse than this “happy hereafter”.

I Recommend This Game!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 pm

I have begun demo'ing it but am disappointed & frustrated that it's sooo slow and glitchy on my (admittedly old) desktop PC. And there are options on the menu I don't understand (what are the differences between Beautiful and Fantastic?), but I guess I can set the resolution to Fast or Fastest and hope it makes a difference.

I do *adore* Promised Land, one of my alltime faves from BF. I'd love this to be somewhat similar.

ETA - Nope, I tried again for as long as I could. Too glitchy, and one character became permanently stuck somewhere he wasn't supposed to be (how did that happen?). The magic power didn't make sense to me and the slow glitchiness took on a kind of dreariness. I couldn't find a map to show the expansion of the area and where characters were, etc. Maybe that would appear later? Seems like there were interesting characters to be met in later play in different corners, but the playing mechanics made it unappealing for me. I'm sorry because the game had such intriguing potential. (*TBH it could very well be my old computer. On a faster computer it might not be glitchy.)

It did, however, make me want to pull out Little Folk of Faery again! Wub
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:58 pm

What I'm gathering is that the gameplay is kind of like a cross between Gemini Lost and Jack of All Tribes (love BOTH of these!)

I haven't had time to demo yet, but I'm hoping to soooon~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:27 pm